This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
Give your veggie tray an upgrade by turning it into a Pinzimonio tray! This Italian-style veggie platter features infused olive oil for dipping, fresh cheeses, and toasted bread.
Hello, friends! I am so excited to be sharing a new partnership with y’all today. I am paired up with HemisFares to bring you this fabulous Pinzimonio Veggie Tray, featuring their delicious 100% Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil! Pinzimonio is the Italian version of the ubiquitous party-friendly veggie platter, and once you try it this way, you’ll never go back! An abundance of fresh veggies are prepped with olives, cheeses, crackers, and toasted bread, and served with seasoned olive oil for dipping. This appetizer is so easy, and perfect for summer!
When HemisFares approached me and asked if I was interested in featuring some of their products, of course I said yes! I’ve been buying their unique finds at Kroger for a couple of years now, and I can always count on them to deliver foods that are fresh, delicious, and authentic. Today, we are talking about Find no. 48: 100% Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, unfiltered. This pure olive oil has a deep, robust olive flavor that plays well with all the fresh veggies and bread, but it also works well as a base for cooking pretty much anything. As Italians, almost everything we make starts with olive oil anyway!
For this pinzimonio, you start by prepping basically every veggie you can get your hands on! I used carrots, broccoli, radish, mushroom, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and bite-sized bell peppers. You can just do veggies and the olive oil if you want a true pinzimonio, but I decided to have a little fun and add some extras! I threw in some olives, toasted bread, crackers, a chunk of Parmesan cheese, and some mini mozzarella skewers.
Of course, I’m sure you’re now wondering just what you should do with the olive oil. You can leave it as-is if you’re a true purist, but I decided to make three different dips for some variety. One is the quintessential olive oil and balsamic vinegar combo that we all love dipping our bread in at Italian restaurants. One is perfect for garlic-lovers like myself, with a heavy hand of garlic powder, parsley, and a pinch of salt. The last one is for those of us who like a little spice, with crushed red pepper flakes! I found this one to not be as spicy as I expected, but I’m thinking if you take the time to warm it up a bit, the pepper will infuse the oil more!
I hope next time you’re tasked with bringing a veggie tray to a potluck, you decide to try my Italian version! Pinzimonio is so fresh, delicious, and perfect for any summer get-together. There’s something for everybody and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- ¾ cup HemisFares 100% Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into sticks
- 1 cup mini bell peppers, halved
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 5-6 carrots, cut into fourths
- 1 cup mushrooms, cut into fourths
- 1 bunch radishes, cut into fourths
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- toasted bread, crackers, and olives, for serving
- First, grab three small bowls. Pour ¼ of the olive oil into each, and sprinkle in ¼ tsp of salt.
- In one bowl, add in the balsamic vinegar and black pepper.
- In the second bowl, mix in the parsley and garlic.
- In the third bowl, mix in the red pepper flakes. Microwave in 10 second increments until warm to infuse more flavor!
- Now, arrange your pinzimonio platter. Grab a large cutting board or plate, and start placing your veggies in bunches around the board. Add in your olive oil bowls, and finish with the crackers, bread, cheeses, and olives. Enjoy!