I told you I was going to have another chocolate post soon… honestly, I can’t help myself. If I’m going to do all the effort to make something delicious, and I have a choice, chocolate is always number one! Especially if I’m having a chocolate craving. Chocolate, food of the Gods. 🙂
Something I love doing is baking with my friends! Helping hands are always good, and whenever I’m cooking with other people, we always end up having fun and (more often than I would like to admit) we end up getting funky recipe outcomes. Ooops… that’s what you get when you’re distracted! These chocolate Bailey’s cookies had no mistakes though, they were de-li-ci-ousss! Take a basic cookie dough, add cocoa, a generous splash of Bailey’s, and chocolate chunks, and you have mouthwateringly good cookies that are easy-peasy to make. If you don’t have/don’t want Bailey’s, feel free to leave it out, but probably replace the liquid with milk, water, or even different alcohol… pick your poison! And I’m sure they will still come out amazing. Unfortunately, I didn’t get many pictures because it was late and dark and the lighting was not on my side. But trust me when I say they taste better than they look. 🙂
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅔ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream Liquor (or milk, or water, or whatever you want!)
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Add in Bailey's one tablespoon at a time, then add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop out dough in tablespoons and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.