I was making some good ol' Peanut Butter Blossoms for my friend the other day, and you know what I realized? One, I don't have this recipe on my blog. And two, I haven't posted a cookie recipe since like, Christmas. CHRISTMAS! It's almost March! I'm embarrassed. Please accept my apologies and these delicious cookies. Also, I have to confess something. This was actually the first time I ever made PB Blossoms. I KNOW, the shame! This post is just a mortifying confession after another.
These little delicious bites are so easy to make and SO yummy! Nothing beats a classic, am I right? Though these were sheer perfection, you better believe I'm already thinking about what kind of tweaks and different versions I will be making in the future. There's a trillion different kinds of Hershey's Kisses, so the sky's the limit! I know they make white chocolate cookies & creme kisses... why not put those atop a dark chocolate cookie base? Oh mah gaaah. I definitely see those in my near future. In the meanwhile, make these perfectly sugary classics and relive your childhood!
- 24 original Hershey's Kisses
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- additional white sugar, for rolling the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Remove all wrappers from the chocolates, and line two cookie sheets with parchment or silicone liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and peanut butter until creamy and well-blended. Add in the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy. Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla, and beat until incorporated. Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix until dough comes together.
- Pour additional white sugar into a small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll in the prepared sugar, and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 8-10 minutes until lightly browned, then remove from oven and immediately place a Kiss in the center of each cookie. Cookies should crack!
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool, and enjoy!