This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. #ad
Get ready for Halloween with these deep, dark Black Chocolate Cupcakes filled with green-tinged white chocolate slime and topped with gummy eyeballs!
Hi frans! After a brief interlude yesterday, I am back today with another recipe for #HalloweenTreatsWeek. I hope you've enjoyed seeing all the blogger creations so far! Everyone has been SO creative and the recipes have spanned everything from cute to spooky to just gross. Ha! Today's recipe may seem a little scary, but I promise it's absolutely delicious. And totally edible, of course! These Black Chocolate Cupcakes with Slime Filling are created with dark chocolate cake and dark chocolate frosting, and filled with white chocolate pudding... tinged the perfect creepy green!
So let's talk about today's big sponsors! I have to of course mention Treat Street, as they provided these fabulously creepy GUMMY EYEBALLS. WAH. The texture is almost too much.... eat them if you dare 😉 Sweets & Treats provided these darling Halloween sprinkles which were the perfect finishing pop of color on top of my blacked out cupcakes. And of course, Dixie Crystals came through with the sweet stuff! You just can't do black chocolate cupcakes without some sugar, can you!
Do you want to know the secret to making black chocolate cupcakes and black frosting without using heaps of black food coloring? And how to make it all taste good? Use DARK cocoa powder. You guys, it is such a game-changer! I use it a lot in baking just because I love the flavor, but it works so well here at making your baked goods super-dark from the get-go. Just add in a couple drops of coloring, and you have achieved the perfect midnight black. It's especially perfect as a blank canvas for bright sprinkles!
Don't forget to check out everyone's creations from today... and enter the giveaway at the bottom!!! 🙂
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear's Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie's Cucina
Here is a link to my exact sprinkle mix! Monster Mash Sprinkle Mix.
black chocolate cupcakes with slime filling #HalloweenTreatsWeek
- *for the cupcakes*
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cups Dixie Crystals white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cups dark cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Adam's Best vanilla extract
- *for the filling*
- 3.9 oz box of instant white chocolate pudding
- milk as directed on box instructions
- 1-2 teaspoon Adam's Best green food coloring
- *for the frosting*
- 3½ cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream more or less as needed
- ¼ teaspoon Adam's Best vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- black food coloring
- *to decorate*
- Treats Street gummy eyeballs
- Sweets & Treats Monster Mash sprinkle mix
- First, prepare the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 350F, and line 2 cupcake pans with 24 liners. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle, cream together the butter and Dixie Crystals granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate small bowl, mix together the milk and Adam's Best vanilla.
- Alternate adding the dry and wet ingredients to the cake batter mixture, finishing with the dry ingredients.
- Add in black food coloring as desired.
- Divide cake batter evenly among the 24 liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, until cupcakes are puffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. Set aside to cool.
- While cupcakes cool, make the pudding "slime" filling. In a large bowl, combine milk and white chocolate pudding mix. Prepare to package directions, then add in Adam's Best green food coloring until mixture reaches desired shade. Set aside.
- When ready to assemble, use an upside-down large piping tip (like a Wilton 1M) or a sharp knife to hollow out the cupcakes. Spoon in some of the green pudding, and place the piece of cupcake back on top. Repeat with all.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Add in the Dixie Crystals powdered sugar, one cup at a time, followed by the cocoa and cream. Add more or less as needed to get the right consistency
- Stir in the salt and Adam's Best vanilla, and add food coloring as desired.
- Decorate the cupcakes with a 1M tip, top with the Sweets & Treats sprinkles, and top each with a Treats Street gummy eyeball.
Happy Halloween! We hope you're ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear's Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year's #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can't wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don't forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack - including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam's Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack - including - Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st - October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam's Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.