Hi, it's October, and these are AMAZING. Oh my holy goodness. I have never baked with pumpkin before because I thought "I didn't like it." But I've been an idiot, because I've totally been missing out! Like I promised in my last post (or perhaps the one before?), this is a recipe that is seasonally appropriate and contains chocolate. So, everyone is happy! My younger brother tried one fresh out of the oven and I swear his eyes rolled back in his head. He told me, "Valentina, I think these may be the best cookies you've ever made. And the best cookies I've eaten... in my entire life!" Well, dang! But I do admit these were really super delicious. And this dough... don't even get me started. I could've eaten the whole bowl cause it was so good!
And now, a story. Last year when I worked at Mary Jo's chiropractic clinic, we would always get like x-ray places and MRI places bringing over their fliers and business cards and such. And, a lot of the time, they would also bring treats! It was usually lame store-bought cookies or brownie bites, but there was this one place that would bring us this amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip loaf that they got from a bakery... it was delicious! I loved it, and so did little baby Jolee. I would eat a slice, and give her little baby-sized pieces, and she went crazy for it! She would eat her piece in a flash, and whine for more. And more. And more. Anyways, now that it is pumpkin season again, that super yummy loaf came to mind, and I had to give it a shot! But then I thought about my recent posts... and it seems like I have a few loaf cakes already. And bundt cakes. But what about cookies! It feels like I haven't made cookies in awhile. So, here we are. I have made the most amazing, cakey, light-and-fluffy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies ever. So good. Make them!
Oh, and one last thing... Erin over at The Spiffy Cookie is having a virtual bake sale to help raise funds for a friend of hers who got in a bad accident and had to have a leg amputation. She is helping raise money to pay for therapy, and at one point, a prosthetic leg. There's lots of delicious goodies to bid on, and these cookies made the list! If you are interested in getting 2 dozens of these delicious fluffy cookies, head over there and place a bid! You get to help a great cause, AND you might get some yummy treats in your belly! Nothing better than that. 🙂
Adapted from My Baking Addiction
chubby pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- 1 ½ cups 1 can canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg, mixing till well-blended. In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet. mixing until evenly combined. The dough will be a little runny! Stir in the chocolate chips, then scoop out spoonfuls onto a silicone-mat or parchment paper lined sheet.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden and springy. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Enjoy!