This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DinnerOnDemand #CollectiveBias
Hello, my friends! I’m so excited to be sharing this delicious recipe with y’all today, as I think it may be my new favorite dinner! I have paired up with my beloved Barilla today to bring you this One-Pot Shrimp Pesto Spaghetti. All done in one pan, no boiling, no draining, and ridiculously easy. Let me show you how it’s done!
I grew up on Barilla pasta, and while the classic blue box is definitely the go-to in my household, I was so excited to try out their new Pronto line! These noodles are made especially for one-pot meals, and dinner on demand has never been easier. I decided to head to Walmart and grab a couple boxes of their Pronto spaghetti, as well as a jar of the delicious Barilla pesto sauce. I found the Pronto noodles by the normal Barilla pasta, and the jarred pesto just a little further down the aisle. I also threw some frozen shrimp and baby tomatoes into my basket, and dinner was ready be made!
As you can see, even though I chose to use the spaghetti, the Barilla Pronto line also includes linguine, penne, rotini, and elbows, so there’s lots of recipes to be created! This was my first time trying out the Pronto noodles but they were so simple and easy to make that I know it definitely won’t be the last. I see many more one-pot meals in my future, and this shrimp pesto spaghetti is just the beginning! Barilla is an authentic Italian food brand that brings quality taste to your table. No wonder it’s the number 1 choice in Italy!
Shrimp and pesto have always been a favorite combination of mine, and this is the perfect simplified version of the classic pasta dish. One pan. No boil. No drain. What could be better?! You simply sear the shrimp in a nonstick pot, remove them when they’re cooked, then throw in the Barilla Pronto pasta and top it off with COLD water, let it cook until all the water has been absorbed, and finally you stir in the pesto, cooked shrimp, and halved baby tomatoes. Top it all off with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, and you are done! If you’re just learning your way around the kitchen and need to add more tasty dinners to your repertoire, this is the perfect thing. Shrimp pesto spaghetti, speedy quick!
- 1 box Barilla Pronto spaghetti
- ½ jar Barilla pesto sauce
- 1 pint baby tomatoes, halved
- ½ lb raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium nonstick pot with high sides, heat the oil and crushed garlic over medium-high heat. Pat your shrimp dry, season with a bit of salt and pepper, and cook until completely pink (about 3-4 minutes), then flip and cook 3-4 minutes longer, until lightly crisp. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Put the Pronto spaghetti in the same pot, and top with 3 cups of COLD water. Add ½ tbsp of salt to the pasta water, then turn heat on high and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the pasta occasionally to prevent sticking, and let it cool until most of the water has been absorbed and the spaghetti are soft.
- Remove the pot from heat, and stir in the pesto, Parmesan cheese, halved baby tomatoes, and shrimp.
- Serve immediately!
In case you weren’t already convinced that the Barilla Pronto pasta is a fabulous product, it even won the category of Best Food & Beverage Product in 2016! This is based on the 2016 BrandSpark/Better Homes and Gardens American Shopper Study of 38,000 voters nationwide. For more information visit www.