Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Please vegetarians and meat-eaters alike this football season with these irresistible Cheesy Vegan Pulled Pork Nachos! Who knew veggie cuisine could be so delicious?
Hello friends, and happy Tuesday! As y’all know, I’ve been challenging myself with more vegetarian and vegan recipes lately, which is why I’m so excited for the collaboration I’m sharing today. I’ve paired up with MorningStar Farms® to bring you these Cheesy Vegan Pulled Pork Nachos! Yep, you heard that correctly. I swear the above cheesy, meaty nachos contain zero cheese or meat. They’re so delicious that you’d never know it, though!
Football season is upon us, which means tailgating and football games… but for us homebodies, homegating is really the best of both worlds. I can’t think of anything better than grilling and having delicious snacks with friends and family in the comfort of my own home! I do love football games, but somehow those stadium seats are never quite as comfy as my own couch. 😉 Introduce more veggie cuisine into your football lineup with easy solutions from MorningStar Farms. My vegan pulled pork nachos are made with the NEW MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork, which is made from soy and completely vegan. I also included MorningStar Farms® Garden Veggie Burgers as a tasty vegetarian option for those who can’t grill without the quintessential burger. Did you know MorningStar Farms is America’s #1 veggie burger brand? As a sidenote to my exclusively vegan friends, all MorningStar Farms products are vegetarian but not all are vegan, so be sure to double-check labels when shopping!
When you’re planning your homegating party, head to Walmart to grab all the necessities. As you can see, my local store had a big display of MorningStar Farms products, with everything from crispy chick’n patties to hotdogs to buffalo wings! They make it so simple to offer veggie cuisine options that are loved by vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. I know my family LOVED these super cheesy vegan pulled pork nachos and burgers! And bonus, for a limited time, the Ibotta app is offering $3 rebate when you purchase 3 MorningStar Farms products. With all these options, it’s hard to pick just three items!
So I know you must be wondering… where is that vegan cheese coming from? In a pinch, of course you are welcome to grab some store-bought vegan shredded cheese, but I find that it never melts very well. I made homemade nacho sauce to use, which is so simple and made entirely from vegetables! The base to this sneaky sauce is carrots and potatoes, which are cooked until tender and then thrown in a blender with some spices and seasonings until a thick, creamy, “cheesy” sauce forms. It’s like magic!
I hope you’ll include MorningStar Farms in your future dinner plans, both for football season and everyday! For more veggie cuisine inspiration, check out their website, and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also enjoy the video below for a quick and easy veggie BBQ Pizza recipe!
- *for the nachos*
- 1 package MorningStar Farms Veggie Pulled Pork, thawed
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 bag thin tortilla chips
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ sliced black olives
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- *for the cheese sauce*
- 1 cup diced and peeled potatoes
- ½ cup diced and peeled carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- First, prepare the cheese sauce. Place the chopped potatoes and carrots in a small pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook vegetables until soft and easily pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes).
- Drain the water, and pour cooked veggies into a blender. Add in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside for now.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the thawed MorningStar Farms veggie pulled pork with the barbecue sauce and seasonings. Mix until everything is evenly coated in sauce.
- Grab a sheet pan, cast iron skillet, or oven-proof baking dish, and make a single layer of chips. Sprinkle on half of the veggie pulled pork, beans, olives, and cheese. Top with more chips, and add on the remaining toppings.
- Heat on grill for 10-15 minutes, until heated through. Alternatively, you can also make the nachos in the oven, under the broiler. Set the pan in the oven with the broiler on medium heat, and heat, watching closely, for 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top the nachos with guacamole, pico de gallo, and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!