Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
Warm up any chilly fall day with some cozy Soft Pecan Praline Cookies and a hot cup of cinnamon tea! These cookies are sweet, spiced, and totally irresistible.
Hello friends, and happy Friday! Fall temperatures have finally made an appearance in Texas, which means it's time to break out the cozy scarves and hot tea! I am so excited to have paired up with Bigelow Tea today to share these delicious Soft Pecan Praline Cookies. Chewy brown sugar dough is studded with caramelized, cinnamon-dusted chunks of pecan for the perfect accompaniment to Cinnamon Stick Tea! Or any tea, if we're being honest. 🙂
- *for the pecans*
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- *for the cookie dough*
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- First, prepare the pecans. Heat oven to 350F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the pecan pieces, brown sugar, heavy cream, and cinnamon. Spread in a single layer on cookie sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes, until caramelized but not burnt. Set aside to cool.
- Now, make the cookie dough. Turn oven down to 325F and prepare 2 more cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the melted butter and sugars, and beat until well-incorporated.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Stir in the pecan praline pieces, slightly crushing them in your hands first.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment or silicone sheets, placing 12 per pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until light golden and almost set. They will solidify as they cool off!
- Let cool slightly on pans, then transfer onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy with a cup of Bigelow tea!