Hi buddies and happy Friday! I’m so glad it’s almost the weekend and that it’s finally SPRING! Woohoo!! I have been dying for some fresh springy produce and light recipes. Today, I am sharing this easy and delicious Summer Squash Tart with Lemon Ricotta, which is perfect to kick off the season! I use a storebought pie crust to make things extra easy, top it with ricotta mixed with lemon zest and juice, some parm, garlic salt, and black pepper, and then just lay fresh slices of zucchini and yellow squash on top! Easy peasy!
So I have some exciting events coming up… next week is #SpringSweetsWeek! I have a new recipe EVERY SINGLE DAY and they are all so delicious. I’m super pumped to finally be sharing all of them with you because I’ve definitely been holding out. Oh, and no big deal, I’m also finally getting married next weekend! AHHH. An eventful week, indeed! ????
But okay so, back on track with this summer squash tart! It is super simple to make, and the lemon juice and lemon zest make the zucchini taste so fresh and bright. I’ve done the squash + lemon pairing before and it’s seriously my favorite way to eat zucchini! I feel like it’s a pretty boring vegetable otherwise, so that little extra pop makes a huge difference. Paired up with creamy ricotta and a crispy crust, this makes the perfect light lunch or brunch dish!
Tips for success:
- Use a store-bought refrigerated or frozen pie crust to make this extra easy!
- Feel free to use all zucchini or all yellow squash, whatever you like best
- Want to make this even more savory? Use a mix of half goat cheese and half ricotta!
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
- Lemon-Garlic Zucchini Ribbons
- Charred Corn, Zucchini, and Arugula Pizza
- Zucchini Lasagna Pasta Bake
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Snack Cake
- 1 store-bought refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup full fat ricotta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- heavy cream, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Roll out your refrigerated pie crust and place in a 9" pie dish.
- Slice your zucchini and squash into thin slices and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta with the parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on the prepared pie crust. Lay the zucchini and squash slices on top, and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Fold the extra pie dough around the sides to create a crust.
- Brush the heavy cream over the crust, then bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and delicious. Enjoy!