This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
This delicious Vegan Cherry Chip Bundt Cake is made of swirled dark chocolate and maraschino cherry cake batter. It gets a Halloween makeover thanks to a bloody red cherry glaze!
Hi friends and happy Tuesday! #HalloweenTreatsWeek continues today with this Bloody Good Vegan Cherry Chip Bundt Cake! Flavor-wise (and honestly, even looks-wise), I think this is my favorite recipe that I made ALL WEEK. You have chocolate-chocolate chip cake batter and maraschino cherry batter swirled together, and topped with a deliciously addicting cherry glaze. The bitter chocolate and sweet cherry complement each other SO well... and I'm just obsessed with that bloody drip!
In addition to my trusty Dixie Crystals, the sponsor highlight for today is Adams Extracts! I used their vanilla and cherry extracts both in the cherry chip bundt cake and the glaze to deliver that perfect sweet cherry flavor. I also used their red food coloring to achieve the perfect bloody hue! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about artificial cherry, but their blend hits the sweet spot between watery "real" cherries and the overly artificial cherry slurpee flavor. I loved this cake way more than I expected!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Pet Ghost Pudding Cups from Big Bear's Wife
- Hocus Pocus Cupcakes from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Monster Strawberry Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Day of the Dead Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- Bloody Red Eyed Velvet Cupcakes from Our Good Life
- Zombie Dirt Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Caramel Apple Blondies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Halloween Hash Snack Mix from Sweet Beginnings
- Haunted Halloween Dessert Tray from For the Love of Food
- Oozing Caramel Truffle from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Ghostly Freakyshake from Lemon Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball ~ Festive Halloween Cheeseboard from West Via Midwest
- Candy Corn White Russian from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Monster Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cream Cheese Dip from Katie’s Cucina
- Spiced Chocolate Monster Truffles from My Sweet Zepol
- Halloween Bat Sugar Cookies from Intelligent Domestications
I hope you guys loved this "bloody good" vegan cherry chip bundt cake as much as we did!! I dropped off some of it at my parents house, and my dad literally texted me saying how good it was. The man is super picky with his chocolate desserts, so I am calling it a big win!
Here's what I have planned for #HalloweenTreatsWeek!
- Monday: Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake
- Tuesday: Bloody Good Cherry Chip Bundt Cake
- Thursday: Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting
- *for the chocolate cake batter*
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- *for the cherry cake batter*
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoon warm water
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoon nondairy yogurt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup maraschino cherry syrup
- ⅓ cup maraschino cherries, cut into fourths
- 1 teaspoon Adams Extracts cherry extract
- 2 teaspoon Adams Extracts vanilla extract
- *for the glaze*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon Adams Extracts cherry extract
- 1 teaspoon Adams Extracts red food coloring
- 1½ tablespoon nondairy milk, as needed to thin
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and spray a bundt pan well with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, make the chocolate cake batter. Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in the milk, oil, and vanilla extract until a thick batter forms. Finally, stir in the vinegar and chocolate chips.
- Next, prepare the cherry cake batter. In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and water, and set aside to thicken. In a stand mixer, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add in the vegan butter, and mix together until mixture appears sandy and well combined.
- In a large liquid measuring cup, combine the flaxseed mixture with the yogurt, oil, cherry syrup, cherry extract, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly drizzle the wet ingredients into the dry, until batter comes together. Finally, stir in the maraschino cherry pieces.
- To create the striped effect in the cake, alternate spoonfuls of chocolate and cherry batter as you add them to the pan. Repeat until you have used all the cake batter.
- Bake cherry chip bundt cake in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow cake to partially cool in the pan, then turn out onto a cake stand or platter to finish cooling. You want to flip it out before the chocolate chips harden and stick to the pan.
- When cake has cooled off completely, you can make the glaze. In a bowl, mix together the powdered sugar with the cherry extract and red food coloring. Add just enough milk for a thick glaze to form. Pour over the cake as desired, and serve!