This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes get a cute Halloween makeover thanks to sprinkle-encrusted, double-decker dark chocolate frosting and a cute ghost decoration on top!
Hi friends and happy Thursday! Today is the last day of #HalloweenTreatsWeek (for me!) and I am wrapping up the festivities with these adorable Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting! Yes, I know the name is a bit of a mouthful but it’s necessary. What else would you call these cute little treats?! They are fluffy pumpkin cupcakes topped with decadent dark chocolate frosting, and ALL THE SPRINKLES! I added the cute ghost toppers as a bonus, but these would be cute with any kind of Halloween candy on top.
If you’re a very astute follower, you may remember I made these super fun mermaid cupcakes last year, which were so cute. These are basically the Halloween version of those!! To make these pumpkin cupcakes, you basically have to frost them twice. First, you pipe a layer of frosting on top of the cupcake and then DUNK it into a bowl of sprinkles to get the crusted effect. Then you do a pretty swirl of frosting on top, and finish off with whatever cute garnish you want. So you end up with a double-decker of frosting! I used these adorable Monster Mash sprinkles from Sweets & Treats. The ghost topper and the cupcake wrappers are from Wilton!
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Jack Skellington Dessert Cheese Ball from Big Bear’s Wife
- Spooky Graveyard Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bloody Vampire Cake from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Pastry Chef Online
- Fall Apple Cider Sangria from I am a Honey Bee
- Eye See You Bundt Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Ghostly S’mores and Caramel Dip from Our Good Life
- Crystal Lake Punch from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coffin Fondue Dippers from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Poison Halloween Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Monster Eye Cookies from Everyday Eileen
- Gooey Halloween Brownie Cups from Desserts Required
- Ghost Hi Hat Cupcakes from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Kid Friendly Wicked Witch Punch from Katie’s Cucina
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love & Confections
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy
- Spider Cider Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
I hope you guys enjoyed all the fun and spooky recipes we made for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I had a blast creating these treats for y’all! I hope you’ll give these vegan pumpkin cupcakes (or another recipe I made this week) a try before Halloween gets here 🙂
Also, my recipes may end here but the G I V E A W A Y runs until the weekend! Be sure to scroll down and enter if you haven’t already!
Here’s what I made for #HalloweenTreatsWeek!
- Monday: Vegan Halloween Cookies & Cream Fault Line Cake
- Tuesday: Bloody Good Cherry Chip Bundt Cake
- Thursday: Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting
P.S. if you’re a visual learner, you can see step by step photos of how to make the double decker frosting on my mermaid cupcake post!
- *for the cupcakes*
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup packed Dixie Crystals dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup nondairy milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- ½ tbsp Adams Best vanilla extract
- *for the frosting*
- 1 cup vegan shortening
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp nondairy milk, as needed
- black food coloring
- Sweets & Treats Monster Mash sprinkles
- Wilton ghost toppers
- First, make the cupcakes. Preheat the oven to 350F, and prepare about 16 cupcake lines in a pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and milk.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ⅔ of the way full. You should get 16-18 cupcakes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- When ready, prepare the frosting.
- Place the vegan shortening and vegan butter in the bowl of a stand mixer, and beat together until smooth and creamy. Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt, and mix to combine.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, about 1 cup at a time, until a thick frosting forms. It is normal to need a bit of milk to get the consistency just right. Add in a few drops of black food coloring. Remember that the frosting WILL get darker as it sits, too.
- To create the double decker frosting effect, first pour your sprinkles into a small shallow bowl.
- Spread a layer of frosting onto your cupcakes, then dunk the top of the cupcake into the prepared bowl of sprinkles. You may have to roll it around a bit to get it all covered. Repeat with all cupcakes.
- For the second portion, place the remaining frosting in a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip, and pipe a swirl of frosting on top of each cupcake. Top with a Halloween candy or edible decoration if desired.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.