If you're wanting to make a decadent cake but are limited on ingredients, this Vegan Chocolate Bundt Cake is the treat for you! It uses simple pantry staples, and requires no eggs or dairy!
Happy Tuesday! The first day of school has officially been survived, so to celebrate, I made Vegan Chocolate Cake. With a deep, dark chocolate glaze. And SPRINKLES! Wheee! My poor little best friend had her wisdom teeth removed a few days ago, and she has just been so miserable and unable to eat any solid food. Yesterday she went, "All I want to eat is chocolate cake! Is that such a bad thing?" So I thought, well... I can work with that. This cake is both a reward for starting school AND a sweet treat to help my friend feel better. And as a bonus, it's vegan and absolutely, positively delicious.
This recipe is actually just my trusty vegan chocolate cake recipe, doubled and baked in a bundt pan for maximum ease and laziness! Bundt cakes are my favorite... all you have to do is bake them and the pan makes them pretty all by itself. Pour some glaze on top, add sprinkles, and you've got a party-ready dessert in under an hour! P.S. 45 minutes of that hour are just the cake baking away all by itself... easy-peasy. This is equally perfect as an after-school snack as it is for a casual gathering. It tastes like a cross between a rich chocolate cake and a brownie! Chocolatey perfection. All I really have to say is that vegans and non-vegans alike LOVE this cake, and nobody is going to miss the eggs or dairy milk or butter.
- *for the cake*
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- *for the glaze*
- ½ cup unsweetened canned coconut milk (or other nondairy milk)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- sprinkles, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan with nonstick spray, dust with flour, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add in the nondairy milk, water, and oil, and mix vigorously. Add in the vinegar and vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
- While the cake cools, make the glaze.
- If using full-fat coconut milk, be sure to shake the can to combine. Light coconut milk usually does not separate.
- Combine the coconut milk and chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, mixing in-between, until the mixture is smooth and melted.
- Once cake is cooled, flip onto a plate and pour the glaze on top. Top with sprinkles and serve!