These easy and tasty Vegan Grilled Veggie & Tofu Wraps are filled with charred vegetables, smoky tofu, and creamy hummus for a perfect make-ahead lunch.
Hi guys! So I know we are now entering official fall season which is all fine and dandy except for the fact that I live in Texas and it's going to continue being hot, well... forever. Today, I am sharing these delicious Vegan Grilled Veggie & Tofu Wraps with Hummus which may seem a little summery, but I promise they are perfect all year long! You take hummus, grilled eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, and smokey marinated tofu, put it all together in your favorite wrap, and eat it up. I made everything on my stovetop grill pan, so I can tell you these can be made regardless of what the weather outside is telling you 🙂
I have been on a massive tofu kick basically since I went vegetarian, and I am always looking for new ways to prepare this little superfood! I pretty much eat it in some way, shape, or form every single week. Today, I figured we should go back to basics! What's everyone's go-to meal when they're in a pinch? Usually a sandwich or wrap. These grilled veggie & tofu wraps can be eaten warm OR cold so they're perfect for a packed lunch or meal-prep situation.
I am super excited to announce that next week we kick off #AppleWeek! I will be sharing a variety of delicious apple recipes made in partnership with some very awesome sponsors 🙂 I paired up with a bunch of fellow foodies to share recipes and I hope we inspire everyone to bake up some yummy stuff this fall. Pumpkin is coming soon but first... apples! And before that, we have this deliciously healthy savory recipe to balance it all out. I'm telling you these tofu wraps are really great anytime and any temperature 🙂
Looking for more vegan quick meals? Check out my Roasted Ratatouille Sheet Pan Meal, Vegan Sausage Sheet Pan Meal with Sweet Potato & Kale, Vegan Chorizo Taco Chili, Pesto Tofu Buddha Bowls, and Spaghetti Aglio & Olio.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1-2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup hummus
- 4 spinach wraps
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- *for the marinade*
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- First prepare the tofu. Slice the block in half width-wise to create 2 thinner pieces. Wrap in paper towels, and place a cutting board on top with a few cookbooks to press out the excess moisture. Allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes. After the tofu is drained, cut into 16 even small strips. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and spices for the marinade. Allow tofu to soak while you prepare the rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Wash and try well. Slice the eggplant into rounds, cut strips of bell pepper, and slice the mushrooms thickly.
- Heat a grill pan on the stove on medium-high (you can also use a normal pan) and add a bit of the oil. Grill vegetables a few pieces at a time, making sure to not crowd the pan as to avoid everything getting soggy. Cook in batches until all veggies are ready. Sprinkle with garlic salt to season.
- Finally, cook the tofu until golden brown and crispy. Flip several times so each side is cooked through.
- When ready to serve, spread some hummus on each of 4 wraps. Top with some slices of grilled veggies and place 4 pieces of tofu on each. Roll up and serve immediately, or store in fridge for later.