Looking for a fun and festive Halloween breakfast? Make this quick Frog Eggs Matcha Chia Pudding, made of layers of green tea & vanilla bean chia pudding! Super easy and no cooking required.
Happy Saturday, friends! I bet you thought that after all the spooky goodies I shared for #HalloweenTreatsWeek, I was done. But... you were wrong! I decided to squeeze in just one more little silly, gross recipe for Halloween before the big day! I have paired up with a few bloggie friends for a #HalloweenBreakfast event, also known as #DeadAndBreakfast. HA. Once I saw the event name, I just had to join! My contribution today is this Frog Eggs Matcha Chia Pudding, which looks questionable but is TOTALLY edible. And delicious!
I personally am a BIG fan of chia pudding! It's so easy to make, no-bake, and perfect to prep ahead for a quick breakfast or snack. As a vegetarian-going-on-vegan, I also appreciate that it packs a serious Omega-3 punch! For this particular version, I whipped up a small batch of matcha chia pudding and another batch of vanilla bean chia pudding. Then I just layered them to create a fun striped effect. And that's it! If I were to make it for my normal meal prep, I would probably just make a big batch and call it a day 🙂 Just being honest!
To make this matcha chia pudding extra Halloween-y, I decided to pretend it was FROG EGGS! Yuck! ? Can't you kinda see it though? The texture is already so funny and slimy, it really isn't much of a reach! To add to the effect, I also whipped up a super quick aquafaba foam for decoration. It's just the liquid from a can of chickpeas (aquafaba) and a little bit of powdered sugar to stabilize it. It's definitely edible, but it won't taste like much! I used it more as a prop. The finishing touch would have been some plastic frogs on the table but you will not believe how difficult it was to find ANY frogs anywhere! I looked at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Target, etc. Nobody had any for Halloween and not even in the toy section. Major fail. So I settled for gummy candy frogs. Next best thing!
Since this fun #DeadAndBreakfast event was a group effort, don't forget to check out everyone else's festive and spooky creations!
Be Brave and Join Us for Breakfast & Brunch
- Banana Mummy Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Breakfast Mummy Pastries by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Death by Chocolate Breakfast Bowl by Our Good Life
- English Muffin Mummies by Cooking WIth Carlee
- Frog Eggs Matcha Chia Pudding by The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Pancakes by Palatable Pastime
- I Only Have Eyes For You Omelettes by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
I hope you guys will give this ~spooky~ Frog Eggs Matcha Chia Pudding a try! Make it for Halloween or just make it for your fall meal prep. It makes the best healthy breakfast!
Looking for a chocolate chia pudding? Check out my Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chia Pudding recipe!
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Matcha tea powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 packets Stevia
- First, prepare two medium bowls and pour ½ cup of milk in each bowl.
- Stir 2 tablespoon of chia in each bowl of milk.
- In one bowl, whisk in the Matcha tea powder and 1 packet of Stevia.
- Stir in the vanilla bean paste and other packet of Stevia in the other bowl.
- Let chia pudding sit for at least 15 minutes (up to overnight) until ready to serve.
- To layer, grab two small glass jars. Spoon some Matcha chia pudding in the bottom of one, followed by a layer of vanilla bean chia, followed by some more matcha. Layer the other jar with the opposite colors.
- Serve chilled!
AAAAAAAAAH! So creepy looking!!! What a fun way to start Halloween and so easy too. I love this idea!
Wendy Klik says
This fun post brought back wonderful food memories for me of my Pops digging into a bowl of tapioca pudding and telling me they were fish eyes LOL. Thanks.
This is SO festive! I just love it.
I love this for a vegan alternative Halloween treat!
I luv chia! This must be delicious!!