These Homemade Blueberry Lime Margaritas are super easy to make and packed with fresh fruit… that means they’re healthy, right? They’re the perfect accompaniment to sitting on the porch with some chips and guac!
Happy Wednesday, buddies! #BlueberryWeek continues today, and you know I just couldn’t let the whole week pass without an ode to my favorite cocktail – the margarita! Today’s treat is these super easy Homemade Blueberry Lime Margaritas! Freshly squeezed lime juice and pureed blueberries come out to play with tequila, Cointreau, and some agave syrup for a refreshing summer sipper. The rim could only be coated in sugar, of course!
As much as I truly love blueberries (and allll berries, let’s be honest), there is such a challenge that comes with these themed weeks! Like… how much do you REALLY love blueberries? How many different recipes can you muster up? I usually aim for 2-3 and I try to make them different enough to where things don’t get repetitive 🙂 You guys saw the Blueberry Orange Layer Cake I made for Monday, then I have these fab margaritas today, and Friday will bear a PIE! Diverse enough, right? Personally, I just can’t do berries in a savory recipe but to each their own.
And on that note, here are everyone’s creative recipes with summer’s favorite berry for today!
- Blueberry Cheesecake Crescent Coffee Braid by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Orange Bread by Family Around the Table
- Fluffy Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes by Food Above Gold
- Glazed Blueberry Banana Coconut Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Drinks & Appetizers
- Bare Knuckle Bourbon Blueberry Barbecue Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Summer Salad with Greens, Microflowers, and Berries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Galette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Blueberry Goat Cheese Ice Cream Bars by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Crumb Bars by Sweet Beginnings
- Peachy Blueberry Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Rosemary Linzer Cookies with Blueberry Preserves by The Spiffy Cookie
Looking for more margarita recipes?
- Homemade Peach Lime Margaritas
- Sparkling Passionfruit Lime Pitcher Margaritas
- Prickly Pear Margaritas
- Pomegranate Orange Margaritas
Don’t forget to check out the rest of my recipes for #BlueberryWeek!
- Monday: Vegan Blueberry Orange Layer Cake
- Wednesday: Blueberry Lime Margaritas
- Friday: Vegan Blueberry Coconut Pie
- *for two margaritas*
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 oz fresh lime juice (about 2-3 limes)
- 4 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 3 oz agave syrup
- First, rinse and dry the blueberries. Add them to a blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Next, pass the mixture through a fine strainer to get rid of most of the blueberry seeds and pulp.
- For a frozen margarita, return the liquid to the blender and add a few ice cubes, blending until smooth and icy. Divide between two glasses.
- For a margarita on the rocks, place a few ice cubes in two glasses, and divide the blueberry margarita mix evenly.
- For a fun touch, coat the rim of the glasses with lime juice and dip in white sugar.
- Enjoy immediately!