This post and recipe was created for #AppleWeek! I was sent products by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. #ad
These Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes are delicious, fluffy, and so easy to make! Almond flour and vanilla bean paste in the batter makes these extra special. They’re topped with apple-infused maple syrup for a scrumptious breakfast!
Helloooo friends, and happy Monday! I am so excited to announce that today kicks off #APPLEWEEK! Get ready for a whole week of apple deliciousness from me and a dozen of other blog friends. We have been working so hard on our fall-tastic recipes and I can’t believe it is already time to share everything. To start off, I made you these Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup! They are so fluffy, delicious, and the perfect way to start the day (or the week). Keep reading to get all the deets on these pancakes, and scroll to the bottom for all the details of the G I V E A W A Y! A big thank you to Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla for organizing this fun event!
So, by now you guys are pretty familiar with how these themed weeks go. We have fun sponsors that provide US bloggers with ingredients to use in our recipes for the week, but they also all contribute to the GRAND PRIZE that you guys can enter to win! Some sponsors this year are repeats from last year, but most are totally new! One of the new sponsors for this year is Bob’s Red Mill, which is a brand I absolutely love! They sent almond flour and superfine white sugar, both of which I used to make these apple almond pancakes. Another new sponsor is Taylor & Colledge, which sent us some fabulous vanilla bean paste to add to our baked goods. It’s perfect for an extra kick of vanilla sweetness!
Ok, so let’s actually talk about these apple almond pancakes. They are so soft, fluffy, and pack a ton of fresh apple chunks in the batter! The batter itself is made from both AP flour and almond flour which adds an extra layer of flavor and nuttiness. I also added a squeeze of Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste along with apple pie spice for the perfect fall flavors! The topping is then super easy – apple maple syrup. Literally just… apples cooked in maple syrup. It does not get any simpler than that!
Monday recipes for #AppleWeek
- Apple Crumb Pie by Savory Moments
- Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Filled Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple-Toffee Oatmeal Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Bada Bing Bada Boom: The Easiest Caramel Apples Ever by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Apple Donuts with Caramel Glaze by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Braised Chicken and Apples by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls by Cooking with Carlee
- Caramel Apple Scones by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Slices with Ginger Cookie Sprinkles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Butterscotch Magic Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice by Snacks and Sips
- Crockpot Caramel Apple Crisp by Tip Garden
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Oatmeal Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Oatmeal Fruit Bars by The Monday Box
- Old-Fashioned Apple Fritters by Palatable Pastime
- Overnight Hazelnut Apple Oatmeal by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake by Who Needs a Cape?
- Vanilla Fried Apples by Caroline’s Cooking
- Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup by The Baking Fairy
I hope you guys love these apple almond pancakes as much as we did! I actually ended up making a double batch and freezing most of the pancakes for easy breakfasts. They are working great so far! 🙂
If you need more apple inspiration, be sure to check out my posts from last year!
- 1½ cups nondairy milk (I used cashew)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- ½ tsp Taylor & Colledge vanilla paste
- ¾ cup diced apples (peeled or unpeeled, whatever you prefer)
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- *for the topping*
- 1 apple, diced small (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- First, prepare the apple maple syrup. In a small nonstick pot, combine the diced apple and maple syrup. Heat over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are cooked and soft, and the maple syrup has slightly thickened. Set aside.
- To make the pancakes, first mix the nondairy milk and ACV in a small cup. Set aside for a few minutes to make "buttermilk."
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, almond flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the aquafaba, vanilla paste, apple pie spice, and the milk + vinegar mixture.
- Toss in the diced apple, and mix until just combined.
- Cook pancakes on a griddle or large pan heated on medium and greased with vegan butter or oil.
- Serve immediately with the apple maple syrup topping!
And Camilla, the event host, also lined up some amazing prize packages from our sponsors. Keep reading to see what you can win and enter the rafflecopter below.
A $50 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Card and a shipment of Envy Apples! It’s hard to put into words what makes Envy™ so remarkable, but since it was introduced, Envy™ has emerged as the quintessential apple: beautiful skin, sweet flavor, and bright flesh that remains white even after being cut. Envy™ was born in New Zealand using natural plant-breeding methods, crossing a Braeburn with a Royal Gala apple. After that, a handpicked team of talented growers, planted trees in regions perfect for growing Envy™, such as New Zealand, Washington state, and Chile where they benefit from long, sun-kissed days and crisp, cool evenings. For more information visit their website.
A six-pack of the brand new Puremade Torani syrups! You’ll get six 750mL glass bottles. This brand new line was Torani’s answer to consumers’ quest for more natural, simpler products. People wanted label transparency and simple ingredients, but still wanted amazing flavor. So, Torani Puremade Syrups were born. Puremade is crafted with the purest ingredients; what you see is exactly what you get…with no artificial flavors or colors. They are the perfect balance of flavor to sweetness. For more information visit their website.
An assortment of five Bob’s Red Mill baking products, including Organic Unbleached White All Purpose Flour, Hazelnut Flour, Almond Flour, Cane Sugar, and Brown Sugar. Bob’s Red Mill built their business on three princiles: trust, honesty, and integrity. Their packaging is evidence of this commitment – clear bags that let you see the quality of every single one of their products. By producing the very best in whole grain foods, they are able to fulfill their commitment to help look after more and more people through better nutrition. For more information visit their website.
Two canisters of their Hot Apple Cider Tea! Founded in 1992, The Republic of Tea sparked a revolution with a mission to see the worthiest tea leaves in the cups of people around the world. They aim to emphasize a sip by sip rather than a gulp by gulp lifestyle. Additionally, their award-winning packaging includes teas and herbs in specially designed air-tight, light-resistant tins containing either full-leaf teas and herbs or our signature round, unbleached tea bags, free of unnecessary envelopes, strings, tags or staples. For more information visit their website.
Three gourmet extract pastes! In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unrivaled quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla by delivering consistent, authentic flavor in all of their products. Their products can be used in two very different ways in your baking: as the fragrant, featured ingredient in your baking, or as a supporting sidekick. Regardless, you can be assured of pure, rich, full-flavored ingredients in your baking every time. Read more about their pastes here.
An assortment of products and a branded reusable tote bag! Nairn’s knows a thing or two about oats – they’ve been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. The company’s aim is the same now as it has always been: to make tasty, wholesome food that is as simple and natural as possible using the best ingredients we can. For more information visit their website.
Prize Pack #8 from Flahavan’s
Three packages of oats, a branded mason jar for overnight oats, and a headband! Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal is sustainably grown and milled in Waterford County, Ireland by the Flahavan’s family…and has been since 1785. The first family connection to the Flahavan’s name can be traced back to about 1785 when Thomas Dunn took over the mill. Dunn was the great-great-great-grandfather of John Flahavan who is the Managing Director of the company today. They have sourced the finest oats from the same Irish farming families for generations. The oats are milled in small batches and minimally processed according to an over two centuries’ old milling tradition and double kilned. They are non-GMO and naturally gluten-free. For more information visit their website.
A knife and an apple corer! Since 1951, Zyliss has been creating kitchen tools and
gadgets to meet the growing need of cooks and consumers across the globe. Behind every Zyliss kitchen tool is belief is that all Zyliss products should not only do a brilliant job, simply and efficiently, but also make customers smile every time they use them. With over 60 years’ experience in designing quality food preparation tools and gadgets, it is easy to see why Zyliss has become an internationally recognized brand that is respected by everyday cooks as well as gourmet chefs. For more information visit their website.
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.