This post and recipe was created for #AppleWeek! I was sent products by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. #ad
These Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes are delicious, fluffy, and so easy to make! Almond flour and vanilla bean paste in the batter makes these extra special. They’re topped with apple-infused maple syrup for a scrumptious breakfast!
Helloooo friends, and happy Monday! I am so excited to announce that today kicks off #APPLEWEEK! Get ready for a whole week of apple deliciousness from me and a dozen of other blog friends. We have been working so hard on our fall-tastic recipes and I can’t believe it is already time to share everything. To start off, I made you these Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup! They are so fluffy, delicious, and the perfect way to start the day (or the week). Keep reading to get all the deets on these pancakes, and scroll to the bottom for all the details of the G I V E A W A Y! A big thank you to Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla for organizing this fun event!
So, by now you guys are pretty familiar with how these themed weeks go. We have fun sponsors that provide US bloggers with ingredients to use in our recipes for the week, but they also all contribute to the GRAND PRIZE that you guys can enter to win! Some sponsors this year are repeats from last year, but most are totally new! One of the new sponsors for this year is Bob’s Red Mill, which is a brand I absolutely love! They sent almond flour and superfine white sugar, both of which I used to make these apple almond pancakes. Another new sponsor is Taylor & Colledge, which sent us some fabulous vanilla bean paste to add to our baked goods. It’s perfect for an extra kick of vanilla sweetness!
Ok, so let’s actually talk about these apple almond pancakes. They are so soft, fluffy, and pack a ton of fresh apple chunks in the batter! The batter itself is made from both AP flour and almond flour which adds an extra layer of flavor and nuttiness. I also added a squeeze of Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste along with apple pie spice for the perfect fall flavors! The topping is then super easy – apple maple syrup. Literally just… apples cooked in maple syrup. It does not get any simpler than that!
Monday recipes for #AppleWeek
- Apple Crumb Pie by Savory Moments
- Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Filled Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple-Toffee Oatmeal Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Bada Bing Bada Boom: The Easiest Caramel Apples Ever by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Apple Donuts with Caramel Glaze by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Braised Chicken and Apples by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls by Cooking with Carlee
- Caramel Apple Scones by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Slices with Ginger Cookie Sprinkles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Butterscotch Magic Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice by Snacks and Sips
- Crockpot Caramel Apple Crisp by Tip Garden
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Oatmeal Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Oatmeal Fruit Bars by The Monday Box
- Old-Fashioned Apple Fritters by Palatable Pastime
- Overnight Hazelnut Apple Oatmeal by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake by Who Needs a Cape?
- Vanilla Fried Apples by Caroline’s Cooking
- Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup by The Baking Fairy
I hope you guys love these apple almond pancakes as much as we did! I actually ended up making a double batch and freezing most of the pancakes for easy breakfasts. They are working great so far! 🙂
If you need more apple inspiration, be sure to check out my posts from last year!
- 1½ cups nondairy milk (I used cashew)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- ½ tsp Taylor & Colledge vanilla paste
- ¾ cup diced apples (peeled or unpeeled, whatever you prefer)
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- *for the topping*
- 1 apple, diced small (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- First, prepare the apple maple syrup. In a small nonstick pot, combine the diced apple and maple syrup. Heat over medium-low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are cooked and soft, and the maple syrup has slightly thickened. Set aside.
- To make the pancakes, first mix the nondairy milk and ACV in a small cup. Set aside for a few minutes to make "buttermilk."
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, almond flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the aquafaba, vanilla paste, apple pie spice, and the milk + vinegar mixture.
- Toss in the diced apple, and mix until just combined.
- Cook pancakes on a griddle or large pan heated on medium and greased with vegan butter or oil.
- Serve immediately with the apple maple syrup topping!