This post and recipe were created for Amoretti! I was sent products to use for recipe creation but as always opinions are 100% mine. #ad
This sweet Vegan Wild Berry Cake is the ultimate summer dessert! Fluffy white cake is studded with mixed berries, and topped with a fluffy wild berry buttercream.
Hello friends!! I am so happy to be back on this little bloggie of mine and sharing a new recipe with you! Everyone loves baking in the winter and fall, but summer is fun because of all the fresh fruit we have to play with. This Vegan Wild Berry Cake is a perfect summertime dessert! White cake is packed with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and chunks of strawberry, and covered with mixed berry buttercream. The whole creation is loaded with flavor thanks to Amoretti Artisan Wild Berry Natural Flavor!
You may remember I worked with Amoretti a couple years back, and I was so excited to pair up with them again. They have the most amazing extracts and flavorings in super fun flavors, perfect for all your baked goods! I have been trying to perfect the ubiquitous berry cake for years, and I think I have finally cracked the code. The Amoretti Artisan Wild Berry Natural Flavor really packs a punch and makes this cake a true wild berry cake! My biggest issue is that the fruit essence usually bakes out, but it not the case here. Both the cake and frosting retain that rich, sweet and perfectly tangy berry flavor!
What do I need for this wild berry cake?
- Amoretti Natural Wild Berry Artisan Flavor: this is the most important piece of the puzzle! The flavoring really brings the whole cake together. This is concentrated, powerful stuff. You really don't need a lot to add wild berry flavor to the cake and frosting.
- Fresh berries: while the wild berry flavoring does a lot of the heavy lifting, fresh berries are still a must to make this cake extra delicious! I used a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries for the perfect combination of flavors.
- Ground flaxseed: flax is my go-to egg replacer when it comes to cakes! It adds enough structure to hold the cake together, but still yields a soft and fluffy finished product.
- Nondairy milk: any type of nondairy milk will do here! I usually use cashew milk or almond milk, but soy or oat would also work well.
- Vegan butter & oil: I use a blend of both vegan butter and oil for the best texture! It makes the cake moist and fluffy without being heavy. Not greasy and not dry. The perfect balance!
- Nondairy yogurt: yogurt is one of my secret ingredients when it comes to cakes - it also helps make the cake super fluffy and sweet.
- Sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
I hope you guys will give this vegan wild berry cake a try! It is so fluffy, delicious, and that zesty berry frosting is the perfect finishing touch. Be sure to check out the Amoretti website for the wild berry flavoring and many other fun baking ingredients. You can use the code BAKINGFAIRY15 for 15% off your purchase! Happy baking!
Check out some other tasty berry treats!
- Vegan Blackberry Peach Galette
- Vegan Lemon Berry Rolls
- Vegan Orange Poppyseed Bundt with Strawberry Glaze
- Vegan Blueberry Coconut Pie
- *for the cake*
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoon water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup nondairy yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon #Amoretti Artisan Wild Berry Natural Flavor
- ½ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 cup fresh berries
- ¼ cup finely chopped strawberries
- *for the frosting*
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amoretti Artisan Wild Berry Natural Flavors
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray three 6" round cake pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside to thicken.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the vegan butter, and beat on low until it's incorporated and has a sandy texture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, flaxseed mixture, nondairy yogurt, Amoretti Artisan Wild Berry Natural Flavor, and add them to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour in the unsweetened nondairy milk and beat on medium-low until smooth and creamy. Finally, gently stir in the berries.
- Divide batter evenly among the 3 pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes until cake is set in the center and a toothpick comes out clean.
- When the cakes are completely cooled, you can make the frosting. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the shortening, vegan butter salt, and Amoretti Artisan Wild Berry Natural Flavor together until completely smooth and creamy. Add in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until a thick frosting forms. You might not need all the sugar, and you may need to add a splash of nondairy milk if the frosting is too thick.
- To assemble the cake, first level the cakes (to make a flat top) if needed. Place one cake piece on your cake stand or platter, and spread some frosting on top. Repeat with all.
- Pipe the remaining frosting around the edges of the cake, starting at the bottom and working your way up. Using a bench scraper, smooth the edges of the cake. I used a curved scraper for the fluffy cloud effect!
- Finally, decorate the top of the cake with more fresh berries as desired. Chill cake until ready to enjoy!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*