This Vegan Blackberry Peach Galette is sweet, simple, and sophisticated! Fresh fruit and a flaky pie crust are combined in this dessert that is perfect for summer.
Hello my beautiful friends! Happy Wednesday. I have a delicious treat for you today that is simply perfect for summer. This Vegan Blackberry Peach Galette uses just a handful of ingredients to deliver a charmingly rustic, scrumptious dessert! I just love quick and easy sweets like this. All you need is fresh peaches, blackberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, pie crust, and a bit of non-dairy milk. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
I am no stranger to galettes... I actually just made a mixed berry one the other week which was pretty great! I wanted to see if I could simplify the process, though. For the berry galette, I found that pre-cooking the filling helped a lot in preventing the crust from being soggy and soaked with juice. I took a chance with this blackberry peach galette and skipped that step, and I am so glad it worked! Peaches, especially from fresh, don't make nearly as much water as (frozen) berries, so it worked well and I was able to omit a step. I like to make my recipes as simple as possible when I can!
How do I made a vegan blackberry peach galette at home?
- First, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, mix up the juice from one lemon, some sugar (I used coconut sugar), and cornstarch. Slice up a few peaches, and add them in! Toss in some fresh blackberries as well. Mix to combine!
- Next, grab your pie crust. I use store-bought to make things as easy as possible. Roll it out onto a baking sheet lined with some parchment or a silicone liner. Heap the fruit filling in the center of the crust, leaving behind any excess liquid or juice (we don't want a soggy bottom)!
- Fold over the edges of the pie to create your crust. Brush with some nondairy milk, and sprinkle the galette all over with coarse Turbinado sugar. Next - chill your galette! This is super important to ensure that it keeps its shape 🙂 I recommend at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, bake your galette until golden brown, flaky, and fragrant. Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream!
I hope you guys will give this vegan blackberry peach galette a try - it is so simple and seriously delicious! The golden flaky crust, the fresh fruit filling... ahhh. It's perfect with some coconut whip on top! You can even garnish with your home-grown mint for a special touch 😉
Looking for more galette inspo?
- Vegan Summer Berry Galette
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Galette
- Blueberry Galette
- 1 store-bought refrigerated pie crust
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups thinly sliced peaches (about 3 small-medium peaches)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- nondairy milk and turbinado sugar, for topping
- First, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix until smooth.
- Add in your sliced peaches (peeled if you'd like) and blackberries, and toss to combine.
- Next, grab your store-bought pie crust, and unroll it. Place it on a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Heap the blackberry peach filling in the center of the crust, leaving any excess liquid behind.
- Fold and crimp the edges of the pie over to create the crust. Brush the crust with nondairy milk, and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
- Chill the galette for 30+ minutes until solid. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F.
- When galette is chilled, bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and flaky, and the filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm with ice cream or coconut whip!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*