This delicious Vegan Chocolate Cherry Galette is the easiest thing you'll make all summer! Juicy berries, rich dark chocolate, and flaky pie crust come together to deliver a show-stopping dessert.
Hiiii buddies and happy FRIDAY! Today is officially the last day of #StoneFruitWeek! In case you missed it, I've been participating in this themed week and sharing all sorts of stone fruit recipes with my blogger buddies 🙂 On Monday, I shared my Vegan Peaches & Cream Layer Cake, and Wednesday brought a Vegan Mango Coconut Snack Cake. To celebrate Friday, I have this Vegan Chocolate Cherry Galette for you! It is definitely the easiest recipe I made for this week, and maybe my favorite, too. Y'all know I can't resist chocolate treats!!
I know many people have ~feelings~ about desserts combining chocolate and fruit, but I honestly don't mind it at all! The only one I have weird feelings about is lemon and chocolate... but even then, I find that citrus tastes fab with white chocolate. Some of my favorite recipes that I've made with fruit + chocolate include this vegan blueberry chocolate chip banana bread, orange dark chocolate sweet rolls, white chocolate lime sugar cookies, vegan blood orange dark chocolate loaf cake, and vegan sacher torte (with apricot preserves). I promise that this chocolate cherry galette is just as good! The sweet, juicy cherries pair so perfectly with the bittersweet chocolate and the flaky crust. It's a seriously heavenly combination 🙂
Be sure to check out everyone's recipes for the grand finale of #StoneFruitWeek today!
We are finishing Stone Fruit Week with these awesome recipes:
- Braised Brisket with Bourbon-Plum Glaze from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Nectarine Crostini from Sweet Beginnings
- Mango Watermelon Salad from Our Good Life
- Homemade Cherry Turnovers from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Macaroon Cherry Pie from Blogghetti
- Peach Pie Bars from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Vegan Chocolate Cherry Galette from The Baking Fairy
I hope you guys will give this vegan chocolate cherry galette a try! It is ridiculously simple and SO delicious. My husband and I couldn't get enough, especially with a dollop of vegan whipped cream on the side. YUM.
Check out the other recipes I made for #StoneFruitWeek this week!
- Monday: Vegan Peaches & Cream Layer Cake
- Wednesday: Vegan Mango Coconut Snack Cake
- Friday: Vegan Chocolate Cherry Galette
See some of my past cherry recipes!
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Cherry Layer Cake
- Sour Cherry Chocolate Chip Sweet Rolls
- Cherry Almond Clafoutis
- Vegan Cherry Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cherry Honey Goat Cheese Focaccia
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups pitted cherries (fresh or frozen & thawed), halved
- 3oz dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoon nondairy milk + 1-2 tablespoon granulated sugar for the crust
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lay out the refrigerated pie crust onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cherry halves with the white sugar and cornstarch. Add in the chocolate pieces.Mix until combined.
- Place the cherry mixture in the center of the prepared crust, leaving about 2 inches all around for the crust.
- Gently fold the edges of the crust up and over onto the filling, overlapping slightly as you go.
- Brush the crust with the milk, and sprinkle on the sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cherry filling is bubbling and thick.
- Let cool slightly, and serve with vegan whipped cream and a shaving of chocolate on top!