Sneak in these fun Vegan Autumn Monster Cookies before the fall baking season is over! These chewy treats are packed with chocolate chips, oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and more!
Happy Saturday, friends! I try to avoid posting on the weekends but this is apparently the second weekend I've decided to work so... who am I anymore ? I hope everyone had the best Thanksgiving ever!! Depending on who you ask, Christmas content is fair game as soon as the clock strikes midnight and it's Black Friday vs some say that December 1st is the official start. I'm in the December camp, mostly because I still have a few fall recipes I'm trying to sneak in before we get taken over by everything red, white, and peppermint. Namely, these Vegan Autumn Monster Cookies! I made them at the beginning of the autumnal season and then my calendar just got filled with other content so these kept getting pushed back. But now is the time!
So what are these autumn monster cookies, anyway? I basically just made them up, but think of them as the classic monster cookies with a little fall twist on the ingredients. These chewy babies are packed with oats, chocolate chips, coconut, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries! I initially got the inspiration from Starbuck's vegan cookies, but then basically turned it into what I actually wanted them to be.
Sorry to be a party pooper, but as excited as I am about all the vegan options popping up in more and more restaurants, I have to ask... who says the vegan option always has to be the healthiest?! Why can't I just have a nice chunky chocolate chip cookie instead of a granola cookie filled with dried fruit? LOL. So when the choice was up to me, I obviously had to add some dark chocolate chips into these autumn monster cookies! These bake up into the loveliest chewy little pillows and they're packed with so many delicious flavors.
Looking for more vegan cookies? Check out my Vegan Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, Dried Cherry & Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vegan Molasses Crinkles Cookies, and Vegan Levain Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies!
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoon warm water
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup vegan shortening
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup dark chocolate cups
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup salted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- First, preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the flaxseed and warm water in a small bowl, and set aside to thicken.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the vegan butter and shortening. Beat together until smooth, then add in the white and brown sugar.
- Beat until soft and fluffy, then add in the thickened flaxseed mixture and vanilla.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix until a soft dough forms. Finally, stir in all of the mix-ins.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone liner, and scoop out dough into tablespoon-sized portions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Cookies will solidify more as they cool. Enjoy!