Need just a few muffins for breakfast? These Small Batch Vegan Peach Walnut Muffins are soft and fluffy, and packed with fresh fruit and nuts. The recipe makes just 6!
Happy Tuesday, friends! I have a wonderful easy & delicious recipe to share with y’all today! I don’t know about you guys, but my household is just me and my husband, which means I always have tons of leftovers! My co-workers definitely love all the dessert, but sometimes you just need a small batch recipe. Enter, these amazing Small Batch Vegan Peach Walnut Muffins! Soft, sweet, and packed with sweet peaches and crunchy nuts. The best part is that they’re so easy, too. Let’s go make them!
I can’t decide what my favorite thing is about these vegan peach walnut muffins. The fact that everything is made in one bowl? Or that they’re ready in less than 30 minutes? Or that the recipe only makes SIX!? If you’re craving muffins for breakfast tomorrow (or heck, even with your coffee as an afternoon snack), I gotchu. And they’re very easy to personalize, too! Don’t have walnuts? Sub pecans or even hazelnuts. Or just go nut-free. You only need 1-2 peaches for this recipe, but of course you could substitute nectarines, apricots, or other stone fruits!
I hope you guys will give these small batch vegan peach walnut muffins a try! They got a big thumbs up from the husband and the best friend (and me! duh!). Easy, quick, and so tasty. You can totally have fresh muffins ready for the morning with no sweat!
Looking for more peach recipes?
- Vegan Peach Basil Pie
- Peach Walnut Bread by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Vegan Mango Peach Toaster Pastries
- Peach Blueberry Muffins by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Peach Yogurt & Brown Sugar Granola Parfaits
- Fresh Peach Muffins by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peach Lime Margaritas
- Crumb Topped Peach Muffins by Palatable Pastime
- Peach & Sweet Cream Poke Cake by 4 Sons R Us
- Ginger & Peach Jam Cake by Faith Hope Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- ½ tbsp ground flaxseed + 1½ tbsp warm water
- 2½ tbsp vegan butter or shortening
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 peaches, cubed (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 375F, and line a muffin pan with 6 liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the vegan butter/shortening and brown sugar until smooth. Add in the flaxseed mixture, followed by the yogurt and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix a couple of times until the dough starts to come together, then add in the peach pieces and walnuts. Gently mix until the dough forms.
- Divide the batter between the prepared 6 liners. Sprinkle some extra brown sugar on top if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.