This Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Snack Cake is the ultimate quick & easy treat! It’s made in one bowl, packed with rich PB and dark chocolate chunks, and can be enjoyed straight out of the oven.
Hi friends and happy Wednesday!! I am just now getting back into the swing of things after the long holiday weekend, and I have a fast and easy (and delicious) recipe for you today. Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Snack Cake! One bowl, super simple to make, and it tastes so gooooood. This snack cake is the perfect afternoon pick me up! Or breakfast… I won’t tell 😉
I have to say I am falling back in love with the easy/one pan “snack” cake. As much as I love my elaborate stacked & frosted creations, there really is something to be said for a simple dessert you can make and eat as soon as it comes out of the oven! This banana snack cake starts much like my usual banana bread, but then I swirled in some creamy peanut butter and chopped up dark chocolate for a more decadent treat. You could really mix in whatever your heart desires, though!
I don’t know about you guys, but this summer has totally had me in a slump. Not just with the blog but with like… allll the things. I feel like I have no recipe inspo at all, dinner planning is a struggle, and all I want to do is watch Netflix and lay by the pool 😂 So I apologize if things have been a little quieter. I’m still here, I promise! Just trying to find a balance between my real job and this job and actually relaxing and enjoying life. I’m sure you guys can relate 🙂
Looking for more easy cake ideas?
- Vegan Spiced Orange Date Cake
- Strawberry Olive Oil Cake
- Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Pear Cake
- Italian Apple Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Snack Cake
- 4 ripe medium bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (can sub melted coconut oil)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F, and spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add in the oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and chopped chocolate pieces.
- Finally, gently stir in the peanut butter - I like leaving it a little streaky and not completely mixed in!
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan, and bake for 50-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. I usually cover it at the 1 hr mark to keep it from getting too brown.
- Let cool slightly, and enjoy with a big cup of almond milk!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*