Making cold brew at home has never been simpler! This French Press Cold Brew Coffee uses a french press to make brewing quick, easy, and mess-free.
Happy Friday, friends! I am back to blogging, and I have one of my favorite easy "recipes" for you today. Since the weather turned warm, I've been on a big iced coffee kick, and this Easy French Press Cold Brew Coffee has been my favorite way to make it! I can easily mix this up the night before, let it chill and brew overnight, and it is ready to drink in the morning. It seriously could not be simpler, and I am obsessed!
If you've followed me for awhile, you know I haven't always been a big fan of iced coffee. I just don't like that it can taste watery, and I do love the comfort in a hot cup of coffee in the morning 🙂 But I swear with this Texas heat, you wake up and you're already sweaty and sticky as soon as you roll out of bed. Ugh. A nice refreshing cup of cold brew coffee has been the best thing lately! I have been having a lot of fun making different pots of cold brew with flavored blends from Door County Coffee - I've worked with them for a few events in the past, so I have tons of ground coffee from them!
What do I need to make French press cold brew coffee?
You do need one very special, crucial piece of equipment to make this particular cold brew coffee - a French press! I love this method because it makes it so simple and mess-free. Traditional homemade cold brew involves mixing up the ground coffee and water in a large jug or Mason jar, and then filtering through several layers of coffee filters and fine sieves when it's ready. With this method, you just press the coffee in the French press itself and you are done! Super simple!
Besides that, the lineup just requires your favorite ground coffee and some cold filtered water.
How do I make this French press cold brew?
- In a 1L French press, combine ¼ cup of your favorite ground coffee with about 4 cups of cold filtered water. You want to fill the jug with about 1 inch to spare at the top. Mix together.
- Cover the French press jug, and place in fridge overnight to brew.
- When ready to enjoy, attach the top of the French press and "press" down the coffee to filter it!
- Enjoy the coffee cold over ice, or warm it up if you prefer hot coffee. Happy drinking!
I hope you guys will give this super easy French press cold brew coffee a try! I have been making this on repeat at my house - it is SO good, and even better with a fun flavored blend. Enjoy!
Looking for more fun coffee recipes?
- ¼ cup ground coffee (about 1.5oz)
- 4 cups filtered water
- desired milk & sugar, to serve
- In the jug of a 1L French press, combine the ground coffee with the filtered water. You may need more or less water - fill up to about 1 inch from the top of the jug. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, attach the French press top, and "press" to filter the coffee.
- Serve cold brew over ice with milk and sugar as desired, or heat it up if you prefer hot coffee. Enjoy!
I did not know you could make cold brew with a French press! I am a huge coffee lover and a bit of a coffee snob to be honest. I love to drink cold brew in the summer but am yet to try making my own. I will give this a go when the weather warms up down this way. 🙂
Thank you for your comment, Andrea! Cold brew in the summer is my favorite, too. I hope you enjoy. Let me know when you give it a try 🙂