These simple Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes are fluffy and delicious. They’re packed with fresh carrot, pineapple, raisins, walnuts, and warm cinnamon for a perfect treat!
Hi friends and happy Friday! Long time, no see – March was the craziest, busiest month, and this little bloggie of mine got put on the back burner. I promise I’ve been baking up a storm, just not for the site. I was so busy with orders for birthdays and baby showers! I am back just in time for Easter with these cute Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes! Easy, delicious, and the perfect weekend baking project.
Now, I am normally not a carrot cake fan… and you’ll know this if you know me. However, it seems like a must around Easter! I went all out for these vegan carrot cake cupcakes and added all the extras – pineapple, raisins, and walnuts. The pineapple adds extra moisture and makes these cupcakes super soft and fluffy, and the raisins and walnuts add some extra texture and crunch. The fluffy vanilla buttercream on top is the perfect finishing touch!
How do I make these vegan carrot cake cupcakes?
The process is super easy, and you’ll be enjoying these tasty cupcakes in no time!
- Grate up your carrots! You can grate them by hand or use a food processor. You just need 1 cup of grated carrots for this recipe so it doesn’t take long, even when using a grater.
- Put your grated carrots in a bowl, and add in the crushed pineapple, raisins, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Mix it together, then add in a flax egg.
- Finally, stir in your dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until just combined, then scoop into your cupcake pan and bake.
- While your cupcakes are baking, whip up a simple buttercream frosting – vegan butter, shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a splash of nondairy milk.
- Once your cupcakes are cooled, frost with the buttercream and enjoy! I used an extra large 8B tip for my big fluffy swirls.
Check out these other delicious Easter recipes!
- Vegan Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Vegan Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls
- Carrot Cake Waffles
- Carrot Cake Pops
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- ½ cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- *for the frosting*
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp nondairy milk (more or less as needed)
- To make the cupcakes, first preheat oven to 350F. Line two cupcake trays with cupcake wrappers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside to thicken.
- Grate your carrots using a grater or food processor, and add them to a large bowl. Mix in the crushed pineapple, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix.
- Finally, fold in the raisins and walnut pieces.
- Fill your cupcake wrappers about ⅔ of the way, and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set the cupcakes aside to cool.
- To make the frosting, beat together the butter and shortening until smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste, and mix to combine.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and creamy but firm enough to be piped. If it is too stiff, add in a bit of nondairy milk.
- Decorate the cupcakes as desired using the frosting - I used an 8B large star tip and sprinkled with cinnamon. Enjoy!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*