These Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delicious nostalgic treat! Semisweet chocolate chips and chewy oats are combined with a dash of cinnamon for a perfect combination.
Hi friends and happy Monday! I have a new treat recipe for you today - Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! This recipe may be basic, but it is so delicious and a perfect sweet to make for yourself or share with a friend. As much as I love classic chocolate chip cookies, I love the extra flavor and texture that oats add, and this version is really no harder to make! Also - say what you want about oatmeal raisin cookies, but I much prefer chocolate instead. So, here is how I make them!
What ingredients do I need for vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?
- Oatmeal - I mean... obviously. I use a mix of quick cooking and old fashioned oats for the best flavor and texture! You can use one or the other and still get great results, but I love the blend of both.
- Chocolate chips - Vegan chocolate chips are a must! I have been using the Kirkland semisweet chocolate chips from Costco recently which are accidentally vegan, and they are so good. There are tons of vegan friendly chips available in stores nowadays, even Walmart has come out with their own line!
- Vegan butter - Can't make cookies without butter! I use a mix of butter and shortening for the right blend of flavor and structure. My favorite vegan butter is Country Crock avocado plant butter.
- Shortening - I say it every time, but... buy good quality shortening! The flavor totally comes through in the final product, and you don't want your cookies to have a chemical or artificial aftertaste.
- Cinnamon - I love a sprinkle of cinnamon in these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for a warm, toasty flavor!
- Aquafaba - My favorite egg replacement for cookies is aquafaba, which is chickpea brine! It helps make the cookies light and chewy.
- Vegan white and brown sugar - Remember that many cheaper sugar brands bleach and filter their sugar using bone char. I recommend organic or certified vegan brands for baking.
- Vanilla extract - This is a must-have for all baked goods!
- All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
How do I make these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?
- Add your vegan butter and vegan shortening to the bowl of a stand mixer along with your white and brown sugar, and beat until fluffy!
- Next, mix in your aquafaba "egg" and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Then, you will add your dry ingredients - the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and of course the oats. Mix everything together until it forms cookie dough!
- Finally, the best part - add in some chocolate chips! Scoop the dough out into big cookies, and bake until golden brown and delicious. Yum!
Check out these other delicious cookie recipes!
- Vegan Confetti Sugar Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Levain Copycat Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup vegan shortening
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, beat together the vegan butter, vegan shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the aquafaba and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until the cookie dough comes together. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Scoop out cookies, and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and delicious!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*