This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is simple to make, delicious, and packed with warm fall spices. You just need a handful of basic ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time to make this tasty treat!
Hellooooo my beautiful friends! It's been a minute since I published a new recipe, but you know that fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I had to come back and share some pumpkin treats with you! This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is simple, fluffy, and so delicious. It's easy to make and only requires a handful of basic ingredients! Basically, it's everything you could want from a quintessential fall dessert. Let's get to baking!
What ingredients do I need for this vegan pumpkin spice bundt cake?
- Pumpkin puree: the one essential ingredient! You can't make pumpkin cake without pumpkin. Any will do, including good ol' Libby's canned pumpkin, but personally I am partial to the Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin Puree. You can really tell a difference between this and cheaper brands, the texture is much thicker and less watery!
- Brown sugar: I prefer using brown sugar when baking with pumpkin as it adds extra flavor and yields a really nice moist crumb. I prefer Zulka sugar!
- Pumpkin spice mix: this is a must for me in the fall! You can use your favorite pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice mix, or whip up your own using cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and a little bit of cloves. You can also just substitute with cinnamon alone if you don't have the rest in the house. It will still come out delicious!
- Vanilla extract: I am an advocate of vanilla extract in basically any baked good! You just can't beat that sweet, creamy, delicious flavor. Rodelle just came out with a new fair-trade organic version of their classic vanilla extract and it worked perfectly in this recipe!
- Powdered sugar: for bundt cakes, I like making a simple glaze using powdered sugar, nondairy milk, and a little bit of vanilla extract. It adds the perfect touch of sweetness on top! I also used Zulka for the powdered sugar in this recipe!
- Dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Wet ingredients: nondairy milk, vegetable oil.
How do I make this pumpkin spice bundt cake?
- In a large bowl, whisk up the wet ingredients - pumpkin puree, oil, nondairy milk, and vanilla extract. Add the brown sugar in as well.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients - the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix it up until just combined, and pour it into a greased bundt pan. Pop it in your preheated oven to bake until fluffy and golden brown.
- While the cake is baking, mix up your glaze - just whisk together milk, powdered sugar, and a tiny bit of vanilla extract until it forms a thick frosting. You want a thick Elmer's glue consistency. It will seem too thick, but I promise once it hits the warm cake, it will be perfect!
- When your cake is baked, let it cool slightly in the pan, then flip it out onto a plate. Top with your glaze and enjoy! It is just divine with a cup of coffee 🙂
I hope you guys will give this vegan pumpkin spice bundt cake a try - it is SO good and super simple to make! I brought it to work to share and my coworkers were obsessed. If you don't have a bundt pan, this can also be baked as a glazed loaf cake! You may just have to decrease the baking time 🙂 Happy baking!
Check out these other yummy pumpkin recipes!
- Vegan Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Easy Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- *for the cake*
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup packed Zulka brown sugar
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- ½ tablespoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- *for the glaze*
- 2 tablespoon nondairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon Rodelle vanilla extract
- 2 cups Zulka powdered sugar (more or less as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and grease & flour your bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and milk.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the cake is cooked through, let it cool for about 10-15 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a serving plate or rack to finish cooling off.
- While the cake cools, prepare the glaze. Add your milk and vanilla to a small bowl and add the powdered sugar, a spoonful at a time, until a thick glaze forms. Make it a bit thicker than you think you need - it will melt a bit when it hits the warm cake! Think Elmer's glue consistency. When ready to serve, drizzle the glaze on top of your cake. Sprinkle on additional pumpkin spice. Slice up and enjoy!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*
Very nice yummy cake recipe