This Vegan Thai Roasted Carrot Soup is packed with fresh veggies, fragrant spices, and creamy coconut milk for a satisfying, plant-based bowl that's perfect on a cold night.
Hi guys and happy Saturday! I don't usually post on the weekend, but I am participating in a fun event today so I had to make an exception 🙂 Today is National Soup Swap Day, so I am sharing this fabulous Vegan Thai Roasted Carrot Soup! It's chock-full of nourishing veggies and warm spices, and made super silky smooth thanks to coconut milk. A bowl of this topped with some crunchy cashews and a squeeze of fresh lime is just the thing to warm you up on a chilly day!
I went through a HUGE soup phase a few years ago and I shared so many recipes! And then I guess that was all my inspiration, because I haven't really shared much soup since ? If you're craving a bright and spunky pea soup, or a chicken tortilla soup with crispy tortilla strips on top, or the best creamy tomato soup ever, or my mom's authentic minestrone soup... I got you! I find that the bitter gross cold really hits Texas the most in January and February, so we are in prime soup season right now. There is nothing better than a comforting hot bowl of carrot soup to beat the chill! Roasting the veggies before blending packs in so much fragrant flavor. And it's much easier than on the stovetop because you don't have to babysit the pot!
There are so many delicious soup recipes shared by my blogger friends, so be sure to check them all out! With all of these ideas, you're sure to get through winter with no repeats 😉
National Soup Swap Day Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Soup by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Beef Noodle Soup by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Black Bean Soup with Bacon by Food Above Gold
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cod Chowder with Bacon by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- French Onion Soup by The Redhead Baker
- German Goulash Soup by Savory Moments
- Healthy Crockpot Split Pea Soup by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Herbed Chicken and Spinach Soup by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Italian Asiago Artichoke Ham & Bean Soup by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Italian Wedding Soup by Cooking For My Soul
- Parsnip Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Beef and Barley by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Creamy Potato and Ham Soup by Blogghetti
- Slow Cooker Manhattan Clam Chowder by Everyday Eileen
- Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup by The Spiffy Cookie
- Stuffed Pepper Meatball Soup by Tip Garden
- Vegan Thai Roasted Carrot Soup by The Baking Fairy
I hope you guys will give this vegan Thai roasted carrot soup a try! It's really so easy to make and packs so much flavor for quite a humble lineup of ingredients 🙂 Carrot soup may not be the most traditional, but I promise it's so good!
Looking for other yummy things to make with carrots? Check out my carrot noodles with carrot-top pesto, coconut pistachio carrot cake cupcakes, stove-top rainbow carrots with caramelized onions, and carrot cake waffles with mascarpone cream!
- *for the roasted vegetables*
- 1 lb carrots (about 6-7)
- 1 white onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- *to blend*
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Thai red chili paste (more or less to taste)
- *to serve*
- fresh lime, cilantro, and cashews
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash the carrots well, and peel if desired. Cut into rounds, and place on baking sheet.
- Cut the celery into large pieces, followed by the onion.
- Toss with the olive oil, and season with all the spices.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, until vegetables are golden brown and fragrant.
- To make the soup, transfer all roasted veggies to a blender and add in the can of coconut milk and Thai red chili paste. Add the vegetable broth and blend until soup is smooth and silky. You may need a bit more or less for preference.
- Taste the soup and add a bit more salt, garlic powder, onion powder, etc to taste.
- To serve, top with a squeeze of fresh lime, fresh cilantro, and a handful of cashews.
Amy (Savory Moments) says
Thai is one of my all-time favorite cuisines and this soup looks delicious!
Such a gorgeous color in this soup, and your presentation is amazing.
A beautiful presentation! I love the touch of spice in here!
I'm already planning to make this for one of our Meatless Mondays! I love the roasted veggies in this, so much more flavor than just cooking them in the soup before blending.
Wendy Klik says
Hi Valentina, glad you linked up with Soup Saturday Swappers today. Should you be interested in joining our group just let me know and I will send you an invitation. Your soup sounds lovely.
Jan Thomas says
What a delightful soup!!
This looks so lovely - warm and comforting without being too heavy!
I love thai flavors, but don't utilize them enough. This is going on my menu plan right now!
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck says
Another great excuse to break out the coconut milk! I'm in!!!
Tania Lau says
I love all the bold ingredients of this soup! And it's sooo pretty too!!
Eileen Kelly says
I love that you roasted the carrots which adds so much flavor to this delicious soup! We eat a lot of vegan soups and my oldest is now on her own and prefers Vegan soups. I am slowing getting her cooking and this is one she will love to make! I am loving the Thai flavors, this will be a hit with the family!
I just love how bright and beautiful this soup is! And a great way for me to get my family out of their boring flavor comfort zone 🙂
Cheese Curd In Paradise says
I love soups with coconut milk and chili paste! This sounds so creamy and delicious!