This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are light and fluffy, and packed with fresh lemon flavor. The zesty lemon frosting on top seals the deal!
Happy Fri-YAY, friends!! #SpringSweetsWeek is still going strong, and I have yet another delicious dessert recipe for y’all today. These Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are made in partnership with Adams Extracts AND Sprinkle Pop! They are so darling, and when I fed them to an unsuspecting group of my friends, they were a HUGE hit – nobody could believe they were vegan! I have found that the best way to get people to eat vegan food is to just… not tell them. Reveal the secret afterwards and everyone’s mind is blown 😂 #VeganBloggerHacks, ya know. ALSO – don’t forget to enter the big G I V E A W A Y before the week is over! You can find it at the bottom of this post!
So, a story about these lemon blueberry cupcakes… originally, they were supposed to be baked donuts! I tried a test batch though, and I don’t know if it was because I was too heavy-handed with the blueberries or what, but those suckers would not come out of the pan. They were totally glued. So… back to the drawing board. What’s a dessert that DOESN’T have to come out of its pan? Well, a cupcake! I changed my proportions just a bit, and was rewarded with these light & fluffy treats.
These lemon blueberry cupcakes are packed with flavor, and have a triple threat of lemon juice, lemon zest AND Adam’s lemon extract in them! The frosting on top also has some lemon extract in it, and I used Adam’s natural yellow food coloring to achieve the perfect pastel yellow. The finishing touch was these ADORABLE sprinkles from Sprinkle Pop! This cute Easter mix is called Egg Hunt. Can you even deal with those tiny bunnies and carrots?!
By now, I know you guys know the drill… be sure to hit up all my blogger friends for their delicious recipes of the day! I love how everyone has had such great ideas for showcasing the same brands and products in a completely different way!
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- A #SpringSweetsWeek G & T by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bunny Bark by Our Good Life
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches by Crumb Top Baking
- Carrot Cake Scones by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Crepe Cake Roll by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chocolate Marshmallow Dip by Simply Inspired Meals
- Chocolate Panna Cotta by The Gingered Whisk
- Chocolate Wacky Cake by The Gingered Whisk
- Cottontail Chex Mix by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy as Pie Coconut Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Flower Pot Spring Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Peach Cobbler by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Key Lime Cupcakes by House of Nash Eats
- Key Lime Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Lemon Cake Roll by Sweet Beginnings
- Lofthouse Soft Sugar Cookies with Frosting by The Crumby Kitchen
- Marshmallow S’Mores Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Mint Chocolate Yogurt Pudding by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Cream Cheese Loaf Cake by A Savory Feast
- Orange Cream Overnight Oats by Cookaholic Wife
- Orange Creamsicle Fruit Salad by Home Sweet Homestead
- PEEPS Bunny Trail Cupcakes by Family Around the Table
- Sheet Pan Key Lime Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Simple S’mores Bars by Cooking With Carlee
- Small Batch Chocolate cupcakes by Creative Southern Home
- Strawberry Papaya and Blood Orange Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Vegan Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
Earlier this #SpringSweetsWeek:
- Monday: Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry-Hibiscus Syrup (Swiss Diamond)
- Tuesday: Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Sweet Rolls with Oatmilk Frosting (Nancy’s Yogurt)
- Wednesday: Vegan Raspberry Dark Chocolate Energy Bites (Barlean’s)
- Thursday: Vegan Banana Split Cake (Dixie Crystals)
- *for the lemon cupcakes*
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegan butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup nondairy yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Adams lemon extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- *for the frosting*
- ½ cup shortening
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Adams lemon extract
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp nondairy milk, as needed
- few drops of Adams Natural yellow food coloring (optional)
- First, make the cupcakes. Preheat oven to 350F and line two muffin pans with 18 muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside to thicken.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the vegan butter, and beat on low until it's incorporated and has a sandy texture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, flaxseed mixture, nondairy yogurt, lemon zest and and lemon extract, and add them to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Pour in the unsweetened nondairy milk, and beat on medium-low until smooth and creamy. Finally, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared cupcake liners. Bake cupcakes for 20-25 min until they are fluffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes cool, prepare the frosting.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the shortening, vegan butter, and lemon extract together until completely smooth and creamy. Add in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until a thick frosting forms. Add in the salt and some food coloring if desired. You can add a few spoonfuls of nondairy milk if it's too thick.
- When the cupcakes are cooled completely, decorate them with the frosting. I used an open star tip (#8B). Top the cupcakes with a few blueberries and the Sprinkle Pop sprinkles.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Swiss Diamond, Nancy’s Yogurt, Barlean’s, Sprinkle Pop, PEEPS, Melissa’s Produce, and Adams Extracts for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.