This post is sponsored in conjunction with #EasterBrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #EasterBrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #EasterBrunchRecipes #MadeWithEB #EasyPuffPastry #HamiltonBeach
These Avocado Toast Puff Pastry Squares elevate the humble avocado toast to fancy brunch status. A perfectly poached egg on top seals the deal!
Hi buddies and HAPPY MONDAY! I am so excited to be kicking off another fun themed week today. Welcome to #EasterBrunchWeek! I have paired up with a bunch of talented fellow food bloggers to bring you delicious creations every day this week! To start the festivities, I made these Avocado Toast Puff Pastry Squares, which are reminiscent of everyone’s favorite quick breakfast (or, let’s be real, anytime meal) but elevated to fancy brunch status. Flaky puff pastry squares are topped with smashed avocado, bagel seasoning, and a perfectly poached egg on top. So delicious and they’re sure to be a hit!
As always with these themed weeks, we are joined with some amazing sponsors that are giving away incredible PRIZES! Keep scrolling to the bottom to see all the giveaway details!????????
These avocado toast puff pastry squares are a bit of a triple threat, as they combine THREE of the sponsors for this week: Wewalka puff pastry, Eggland’s Best eggs, and a Hamilton Beach egg cooker. These three brands worked together perfectly to make this dish super simple and absolutely delicious! It really is a snap to make.
Just roll out your refrigerated Wewalka puff pastry (it’s not frozen so no need to wait for thawing time!), cut it into squares, and bake until flaky and golden brown. While that bakes, poach your fresh Eggland’s best eggs using the Hamilton Beach egg cooker – just add the instructed amount of water to the machine, add in your eggs, and wait for the timer to go off. It’s never been easier to make perfect poached eggs! Finally, top your puff pastry squares with smashed avocado, the eggs, and bagel seasoning. Serve immediately for optimum deliciousness!
What else can you expect from me this week? Here’s what I have in store!
Plans for #EasterBrunchWeek:
- Monday: Avocado Toast Puff Pastry Squares
- Tuesday: Vegan Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls
- Wednesday: Peach Yogurt & Brown Sugar Granola Parfaits
- Thursday: Summer Berry & Blood Orange Sangria
- Friday: Vegan Chocolate Coconut Waffles
All of these recipes are SO DELICIOUS and I can’t wait to share everything! 🙂
Well, that’s enough of me writing. I’ll let this perfectly drippy egg yolk tell you the whole story ???? Keep scrolling to get all the details on this week’s sponsors and to ENTER THE G I V E A W A Y !!!
Make it vegan:
- Wewalka puff pastry is actually TOTALLY vegan! To make this vegan-friendly, just skip the poached egg on top. My favorite is topping the avocado toast squares with sauteed mushrooms, instead!
- 1 roll Wewalka refrigerated puff pastry
- 3 large ripe avocados
- 8 Eggland's Best extra large eggs
- 4-5 tsp bagel seasoning, as needed
- garlic salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Roll out the Wewalka puff pastry, and cut it into 8 even rectangles. Using the tip of a knife, gently score all around the edges of the rectangles to create a border. Use a fork and prick all over the inside portion of your rectangles. Repeat with all.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puff pastry is flaky and golden brown.
- While the pastry bakes, prepare the eggs.
- Grab your Hamilton Beach egg cooker, and add the instructed amount of water to the machine for making poached eggs.
- I found that lightly greasing the tray worked best for making poached eggs to make sure they did not stick. After greasing, add in 3 Eggland's Best XL eggs to the poaching tray. Cook eggs according to machine directions.
- Repeat to make 8 eggs total.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado. In a small bowl, mash the three ripe avocados with a fork, and season with garlic salt to taste.
- When pastry is ready, it's time to assemble! Divide the smashed avocado evenly among the pastry rectangles, then top each square with a poached egg and season with bagel seasoning. Serve immediately!