These fun, fresh Strawberry Hibiscus Margaritas taste like summer! Homemade strawberry hibiscus syrup is mixed with tequila, triple sec, and lime juice for a delicious cocktail. #MargaritaWeekend
Heelllooo buddies and happy Valentine's Day! And also happy Friday! I am so excited to be participating in a fun event today celebrating National Margarita Weekend! This fun "holiday" falls on the 3rd weekend of February each year, and this year it just happens to line up with Valentine's 🙂 You know I can't resist a good PINK cocktail, so I made these Strawberry Hibiscus Margaritas for the occasion. Homemade strawberry-hibiscus syrup is shaken up with tequila, triple sec, and lime juice to create a stunning magenta cocktail. I tend to always favor a strawberry margarita, so you can bet these will be on repeat in my house!
I'm not a master bartender by any means, but margaritas are my favorite (and they are also super simple), which is why they are the one cocktail I can consistently make ???? I already have some on this blog, including Peach Lime Margaritas, Blueberry Margaritas, Prickly Pear Margaritas, and Pomegranate-Orange Margaritas to name a few. What can I say. I know what I like! Being a transplanted Texan, there is really nothing better than a big bowl of chips and salsa, a cold margarita, and some friends to make a perfect night! And strawberry margaritas were actually my "signature cocktail" at our wedding 🙂
What you need to make strawberry hibiscus margaritas:
- Strawberries! I used fresh because they were on sale this week, but since the strawberries get cooked down into a syrup, fresh or frozen work equally well. And you don't need a ton - just 1 cup.
- Dried hibiscus flowers: honestly this is optional, but the flowers add such a fun twist to the margaritas! Hibiscus flowers release a stunning bright pink color when cooked, and they also add a bit of a tart flavor to the syrup so they are a fun addition. I use these from The Spice House.
- Tequila: since this is a mixed drink, I feel like it's a place where it's ok to use a slightly less fancy tequila! I usually go for a standard silver tequila and it works perfectly well. You can definitely use gold tequila if that's what you prefer or have in the house!
- Triple sec or orange liqueur: this is a must for that classic margarita flavor! I have used both Cointreau orange liqueur and standard triple sec with good results. Again, this is a mixed drink so everything works together. Don't feel like you have to get top shelf everything for good results!
- Fresh lime juice: fresh juice is such a gamechanger! You just need 1 oz of lime juice per margarita, which is really just 1 standard lime. Do get yourself a squeezer and make your life easier, though.
Because this is a group event, I have a dozen of margaritas created by my blogger friends for you to check out! I will have to drink my way through this list 😉
Happy National Margarita Weekend!
- Be My Valentine Margarita by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Boozy Strawberry Margarita Twinkies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Margaritas by The Redhead Baker
- Cucumber Margarita by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Fireball Margarita by Our Crafty Mom
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas by Family Around the Table
- Margarita Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Our Good Life
- Red Hot Rita by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Shy Violet Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Hibiscus Margaritas by The Baking Fairy
I hope you guys enjoyed this little margarita lineup, just in time for the weekend! I hope you're inspired to make one of these cocktails for your special someone 🙂
Looking for more pink drinks?
- Prickly Pear Margaritas
- Cotton Candy Sparkler Cocktails
- Bahama Mama Cocktails
- Blood Orange Berry Sangria
- Raspberry Sparkling Rosé Floats
- Bonus: Strawberries & Cream Hot Chocolate
- *for the syrup*
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon dried hibiscus flowers
- *for 1 margarita*
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz triple sec
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz strawberry-hibiscus syrup
- First, make the syrup. In a small nonstick saucepan, heat the water, sugar, strawberries and hibiscus flowers over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes, until dark pink and thick.
- Strain the mixture with a fine sieve to get rid of the strawberry and hibiscus pieces and transfer the syrup to a jar or small bottle until needed.
- To make a margarita, combine the lime juice, triple sec, tequila, and strawberry hibiscus syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add a few ice cubes, and shake until well combined.
- Pour the strawberry hibiscus margarita in a glass and add more ice if desired. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and enjoy!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*
Leave a Reply