This Pink Pitaya Protein Smoothie is simple to make, delicious, and satisfying. The bright color and sweet, refreshing flavor are perfect for spring!
Hi friends and happy Wednesday! I have the prettiest and easiest drink to share with you today… this gorgeous Pink Pitaya Protein Smoothie recipe! I can’t even handle that stunning neon pink, all-natural color. This beverage is so simple to make, and it tastes absolutely delicious. You just need a handful of ingredients to make this smoothie, which makes for a perfect breakfast, healthy treat, or after-workout snack. Let’s go make it!
What do I need to make a pink pitaya protein smoothie?
- Pitaya – also known as, dragonfruit! Pink pitaya is the key ingredient for this smoothie to achieve that gorgeous pink color. You can certainly buy a fresh dragonfruit and chop it up yourself, but the easiest way is to buy frozen smoothie packs! I like the brand Pitaya Foods. You can find their smoothie packs at Whole Foods, Target, Kroger, and many other retailers!
- Strawberries – juicy berries complement the pitaya perfectly in this sweet smoothie. I used frozen strawberries for a thicker texture, but fresh works too! Raspberries would also be wonderful in here.
- Banana – ah, the humble banana. I feel like bananas are a must in smoothies for that creamy finish! You will just need one for this recipe.
- Vanilla protein powder – this is optional, but I personally love my vanilla protein powder and really enjoy the flavor it adds to smoothies. I am currently using the Orgain Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder and it is delicious. It makes the smoothie extra creamy and rich, and adds some protein!
- Cannellini beans – hold up! Don’t scroll away. I promise I am not crazy! The secret ingredient in this pink pitaya protein smoothie is… beans! I really like using cannellini beans or great northern beans to add extra fiber and protein to my smoothies. They also make the smoothie super thick and luscious!
- Non-dairy milk – you will need 1 cup of your favorite non-dairy milk for this pink pitaya protein smoothie… I used cashew milk!
I hope you guys will give this pink pitaya protein smoothie a try soon! It is so delicious and refreshing. Don’t hate on the beans – I promise you won’t be able to taste them but they make the smoothie so much better. Bottoms up!
Check out these other delicious smoothies!
- Super Simple Green Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie Bowl
- Avocado Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Raspberry Mango Protein Smoothie
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 packet of frozen pitaya puree (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup cannellini beans, rinsed well and drained
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- handful of ice cubes, optional
- To make the smoothie, combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mixture evenly among two glasses, and enjoy! Drink immediately for best results.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*