This Vegan Breakfast Bagel Sandwich is so simple and delicious to make! Use your favorite store-bought substitutes to make the ultimate portable, hearty, filling breakfast.
Hiiii frans, happy Monday! I have a super easy (but very delicious) recipe for you today. Breakfast bagel sandwiches, made with all of my favorite vegan subs! I know it's cheesy, but I couldn't resist naming this "I Can't Believe It's Vegan" Bagel Sandwich ???? You start with a toasted, savory everything bagel and you top it with plant-based scallion spread, meatless bacon, Just Egg scramble, and vegan cheeeese. It is so delicious and filling and I legit got a goosebump when I took the first bite. Ain't no shame in my game.
To be honest, initially I wasn't sure if this breakfast bagel sandwich was blog-worth because, well... it's a combination of all store-bought products. But then I got to thinking, how is this different than someone sharing a recipe for a "regular" bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich? It shouldn't be! This is just as easy, quick, and delicious as its animal product counterpart. All you need to do is buy the right stuff at the store 🙂
My favorite products to use for the best vegan breakfast bagel sandwich
- First, the fake eggs! This was my first time trying Just Egg and it was absolutely delicious and so easy to work with! The flavor and texture is very realistic which is awesome. If you want a different egg substitute, tofu scramble or tofu "patties" (like I used for this "eggs" Benedict) would be delicious!
- My favorite vegan cheeses: I love Chao sliced cheese (which is what I used here) and Follow Your Heart slices! There are tons of brands you can find at the store, but these are my favorite and I can easily find the Chao slices at Kroger and other regular grocery stores. FYH I usually purchase at Whole Foods or Sprouts.
- What to use for your breakfast "meat": I tried LightLife bacon for the first time here and it worked really well in this breakfast bagel sandwich! To be honest... right out of the packaging, the bacon slices looked and smelled a lot like their hot dogs ???? But they did not taste like hot dogs in the sandwich! I also really love the LightLife breakfast sausage if you'd rather do that over the bacon. The Sweet Earth "benevolent bacon" is also easily found at my Kroger (but I have not tried that myself) - really just work with what you can find at your local grocery!
- For the cream cheese component: I regularly buy GoVeggie vegan cream cheese for my bagels, but when I made this bagel sandwich, I happened to have Treeline Scallion cashew cheese which gave me all of the scallion cream cheese vibes! It worked perfectly on these sandwiches to add a touch of something creamy and it brought everything together. I know Daiya has a "chive and onion" cream cheese as well which would be tasty!
I am O B S E S S E D with how this breakfast bagel sandwich came out, and I hope you guys love it as much as I do! Let me know what products you used (and loved) - I want to know what to try next!
Looking for more savory vegan breakfast ideas?
- Loaded Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- Vegan Biscuits & Gravy
- Vegan Breakfast Enchiladas with Avocado Cashew Cream
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Mushroom Quiche
- Vegan "Eggs" Benedict with Avocado and Mushrooms
- 1 everything bagel
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-3 strips vegan bacon (I used LightLife)
- ¼ cup Just Egg
- 1 vegan cheese slice (I used Chao Cheese)
- 1-2 tablespoon vegan cream cheese or creamy spread (I used Treeline Scallion Cashew Cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, toast your bagel as desired, and spread with cream cheese as desired.
- Next, cook the bacon strips. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to a small nonstick pan and heat over medium-high. Cook the strips to desired crispiness, and add to the bottom of your bagel.
- Then, prepare the Just Egg. Add the other teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and heat to medium-high. Add in the Just Egg, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Gently scramble like you would with eggs. Cook to desired doneness. Add to your sandwich, and top with a slice of vegan cheese.
- Enjoy immediately!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*