These Vegan Raspberry Dark Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are super simple to make, and so delicious! They are a perfect sweet treat to share or gift to a special someone.
Hello friends and happy Friday! Can you believe we are just a week away from Valentine's Day? EEP. I have a couple of super cute Valentine's recipes in store for you , and I hope you will love them as much as I do. First up are these super simple Vegan Raspberry Dark Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats! The traditional bars are updated with some zingy dehydrated raspberries and a generous drizzle of dark chocolate to take them to the next level. These would be so fun for a Galentine's Day party or as a sweet homemade gift!
Did you know the majority of marshmallows are made with gelatin? This makes them decidedly not vegan friendly. In case you didn't know... gelatin comes from the skin, cartilage, and bones of animals, chiefly pigs and cows. Gelatin can also come from fish. Regardless - definitely not plant-based ???? I have been using Dandies marshmallows for my recipes and they are wonderful! Not only do they taste just like regular marshmallows, they are also vegan friendly, gluten free, fat free, kosher, and most importantly... gelatin free. If you need a good marshmallow replacement, definitely try them out 🙂
What you need to make raspberry dark chocolate rice krispie treats:
- Vegan marshmallows! As mentioned above, I am partial to Dandies but I know the Trader Joe's marshmallows are also vegan. Besides these two, I think you'll have to go online or to a dedicated natural foods/vegan grocery store for more options!
- Crisp rice cereal: Any will do! I usually buy the cheapest one I can find... as long as it's vegan friendly, it's fine by me.
- Freeze-dried raspberries: Trader Joe's is my go-to place to get freeze-dried fruit as I feel like they have everything! This is another item that is super easy to find online. Otherwise check your local natural grocery store!
- Dark chocolate: I found the chocolate chunks that I used in this recipe from Aldi, but I get similar ones from Kroger (Simple Truth brand) as well. Aldi also sells some really delicious mini bars of dark chocolate which would work perfectly in here.
- Heart-shaped cutter: a heart cookie cutter is optional but... it makes these rice krispie treats extra cute!
Give these cute raspberry dark chocolate rice krispie treats a try! They would be perfect to whip up with some friends (or your kids) for a sweet treat. Happy eating!
Looking for more fun Rice Krispie treats?
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- Vegan Hot Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats
- Bonus: Special K Bars
- 1 10oz bag vegan marshmallows
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup freeze dried raspberries
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate
- additional freeze dried raspberries, for garnish
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the marshmallows with the vegan butter and coconut oil.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until mixture is smooth and melted down.
- Stir in the freeze dried raspberries, followed by the crispy rice cereal.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment or wax paper, and transfer the rice krispie mixture into the pan. Press down using your hands or the back of a spoon to make sure everything is even and compact.
- Let the rice krispie treats set for about 30 minutes.
- Once the treats are set, you can cut them into squares or cut them with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. You can press the scraps together and make more cut-out treats!
- Melt the vegan chocolate down in the microwave in 30 second intervals, and transfer to a zip-top baggie. Cut the corner, and drizzle the chocolate on top of the treats. Sprinkle on additional freeze dried raspberries.
- Allow chocolate to set, then serve or store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*
C Goodman says
These were absolutely a 5-star dessert. (So easy too!) My niece sent a vid clip last year of her roommate dancing around their dorm room with happiness while eating these. THAT GOOD! (They also ship well since they'd gone to Florida.) I subbed freeze dried strawberries for raspberries bc that's what I came across at a dollar store. So, belated thank you!!