This banana bread is seriously perfect! Thick, delicious, easy to make, and dirties just one bowl. And – it’s vegan!
Hello, lovelies! I have a shameful confession to make… I have been making this recipe for years. YEARS. And I had yet to post it on the blog! Oh lawd. I’m an embarrassment. Okay, well, here is the deal. This is actually the plain version of the vegan mango banana bread that I posted likeeee 4 years ago. And though I only made the mango version that one time, and have been making the regular version ever since, I just never got around to posting the actual thing. But today, that changes! Today, I present to you… The Perfect Banana Bread Recipe!
This bread has the bonus of being vegan, which of course is great if you’re a vegan, but it’s also great if you’re out of eggs. Or if you’re baking with a child who insists that she must lick the bowl clean. Or if you, yourself, are a compulsive spatula licker. It’s okay, we all are secretly and there is no shame in that. 🙂 I love this recipe because it’s ridiculously simple and fast to whip up, and it yields the most perfect, moist, dense banana bread ever. Serious banana bread perfection, y’all.
I actually have another recipe I’m planning on making soon, which will use this banana bread. Mwahaha. So stay tuned for that! This is vegan and that other recipe won’t be, buuuut honestly this banana bread is amazing no matter what your dietary restrictions are. You can make this just egg-free and use dairy milk if that floats your boat, too. My favorite part is that this is super simple and delicious, but can be improved with basically any addition you want. Personally, I’m partial to chocolate chips and pecans, but a swirl of peanut butter or Nutella are also pretty fantastic. Use this banana bread as a blank canvas for whatever mix-ins your heart desires!
Looking for some variations on the classic banana bread?
- Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Vegan Hummingbird Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Blueberry Banana Bread
- Vegan Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Vegan Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- sliced bananas, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray, then flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir until combined. Do not overmix, or the banana bread can come out dense and gummy!
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan, and top with the extra banana slices.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes longer, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a couple crumbs.
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*