These simple Vegan Strawberry Peach Hand Pies just require store-bought pie crusts and a fresh fruit filling! You’ll be rewarded with delicious, homemade pies in less than an hour.
Happy Fri-YAY, friends! Who else is so glad it’s almost the weekend? Woohoo! I have a cute baking project for you to work on, and you will be so impressed when you see how easy it is to make. These Vegan Strawberry Peach Hand Pies start with store-bought pie crust for a super simple treat! All you have to do is make the filling, stuff the pie dough, and stick it in the oven. Done and done. Now that’s my kind of dessert!
I have to say, for someone who doesn’t make pie, I feel like I’ve made a lot of pies this summer! I started with this peach basil pie, then made strawberry ice cream pie, blueberry coconut pie, and now I have some cute strawberry peach hand pies for you. I was inspired by the success of my humble, mediocrely photographed Blackberry Hand Pies, which are super popular even now! There’s just something special about a sweet little pie that requires no utensils or frills.
Also, you’ll be happy to know that these strawberry peach hand pies definitely follow my lazy-cooking-July trend (even though it’s August)! All you have to do is buy refrigerated pie crust and mix up the filling. Fill up your pie circles, sandwich them closed, and bake away! I have really been loving these super simple recipes I have been sharing as of late (and I hope you have, too!). It’s been less about the planning and more about using whatever’s in my fridge and in season. And I have really noticed that you guys much prefer the easy-peasy recipes anyway 😉
Looking for other hand-held treat ideas?
- Blackberry Hand Pies
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Hand Pies by Savory Moments
- Homemade S’Mores Pop Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Lingonberries & Cream Hand Pies by Kylee Cooks
- Vegan Mango Peach Toaster Pastries
- Red, White & Berry Hand Pies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Delicata-Kale Hand Pies with Borage Blossoms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peach Blueberry Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Two Ingredient Strawberry Turnovers
- Easy Cherry Turnovers by A Day In the Life on the Farm
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Lemon Cheesecake Hand Pies by Maria’s Mixing Bowl
- Orange Marmalade Hand Pies with Dark Chocolate Drizzle by Ciao Chow Bambina
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- *for the filling*
- ½ cup fresh peach chunks
- ½ cup freshly chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- For finishing: nondairy milk and sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- First, make the filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the peaches and strawberries with the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface, and unroll one of your pie crusts. If desired, lightly roll it out using a rolling pin to make the dough a bit thinner.
- Using a large round cookie cutter (or a small bowl), cut out 3.5-4" circles. Be sure to re-knead the dough and roll it out again so you don't waste anything! I was able to get 9 circles from each pie crust. Repeat with your second crust.
- Place about 2-3 tsp of filling in the center of each pie. Dip your finger in water, and moisten all around the edge of the crust circle. Fold the pie closed, and use a fork to gently seal it. Repeat with all, and place on the prepared baking sheet as you go.
- When all your pies are done, use a sharp knife and make 1-2 small incisions on the top for the steam. Finally, brush them lightly with some nondairy milk, and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake your hand pies for 25 minutes, until golden brown and flaky. You can finish with 1-2 minutes under the broiler to make them extra golden and pretty.