If you're craving apple pie flavors without all the hard work, whip up this Vegan Apple Cranberry Galette! You've got a perfectly sweet & tart filling paired with a flaky crust for a comforting, delicious dessert.
Hello friends and happy Monday! Tomorrow is December which means - it's time for all the Christmas recipes!! I am starting us off with this delicious Vegan Apple Cranberry Galette, which is kind of the perfect bridge from Thanksgiving to Christmas if I do say so myself. Y'all know I'm not a huge pie baker, but galettes are my favorite easier version. They are supposed to look a little rustic and homely- and I think the crust-to-filling ratio in these is much better than traditional pie!
I hope everyone had a fun and safe Thanksgiving! As you might now if you watch my IG stories - I am currently down for the count. I don't (think) I have COVID, but I was exposed and therefore must quarantine for the next 14 days. Which means lots of time to bake and create recipes for y'all! Silver lining, right 😉 It's not allll bad. I have lots of fun holiday ideas in store for you!
What do I need for this apple cranberry galette?
- Store-bought pie crust - y'all know pie crust and I are NOT friends. Using store-bought refrigerated crust makes this apple cranberry galette so quick and easy! Most crust is made with shortening and therefore vegan-friendly. You're welcome to make your own from scratch if you'd like!
- Apples - while I used granny smith apples in the photos, I actually used a blend of Fuji and Gala apples for this galette! Because the cranberries are already so tart, you want a sweeter apple in here to balance out the flavors.
- Fresh cranberries - these little berries add the perfect pop of tart sweetness to the galette!
- Citrus juice - honestly, anything you have in the house works! I usually use lemon juice in apple desserts, but I only had clementines available and they worked perfectly. Lime or orange juice would be great too!
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar - I like to use one of these for my galette filling as the caramelized flavor adds an extra layer of deliciousness. I used coconut sugar in my recipe, but brown sugar would work just as well.
- Turbinado sugar - this is my favorite little extra for when I make pies, galettes, and pastries. The sparkly, crunchy sugar on the crust is such a cute finishing touch!
- Ground cinnamon - warm, cozy cinnamon ties all the flavors together in this apple cranberry galette.
If you're craving apple pie flavors, I hope you'll give this vegan apple cranberry galette a try! The filling is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with a delicious flaky crust. Top it with your favorite vegan whipped cream and I think anyone would love it! Happy baking 🙂
Check out my other galettes!
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Cherry Galette
- Vegan Summer Berry Galette
- Vegan Blackberry Peach Galette
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced thinly (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon citrus juice (I used clementine)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- *for the crust* - 1-2 tablespoon nondairy milk & turbinado sugar
- First, preheat oven to 425F. Grab your pie crust, and carefully roll it out to a rough circle about 12" across. Place on a piece of parchment or silicone liner on a baking sheet.
- To prepare the apples, wash, peel, and core them. Cut into fourths and slice them thinly. Wash the cranberries and shake off any excess water.
- Place everything in a large bowl and toss with the coconut or brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and citrus juice.
- Mix until combined, then pour into the middle of your prepared crust. Be sure to leave any excess liquid in the bowl to avoid a soggy crust.
- Gently fold over the sides of the galette around the apple filling. To finish, brush the crust with some nondairy and sprinkle it with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake galette for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve topped with the vegan whipped cream or ice cream!
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Associates Program, and there may be affiliate links on this page. If you buy anything through my website, I will receive a small percentage of the profit at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!*